Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night coming home from work some guy driving a yellow car kept looking at me ( i can see him from the corner of my eye )revving his car at the light. the light turn green and he went for it, usually i don't race on the street but then i just realized it was an evo 8. so, i stepped on it trying to catch up the evo. i finally caught up with him at around 40-50 mph he look at me and i look at him and we took off after 3 counts. we were almost even until 70sh (i was on 3rd gear) shifted to 4th at around 80 and i was a good half a car ahead of him. then i have to shut down because of the traffic and i don't want to loose my license. i just have to try it because i want to know if my car is good enough to beat a an evo 8.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TKElexus said:
have any pics of your car? And what turbo set up are you running?
sorry i don't have pictures of it but it look stock from the outside (no body kit) so no need for pictures. i'm running f-max (it's based here in san diego) basically, it was like bpointers set up where they added two extra injectors instead of replacing the injectors and mf2 as fuel management.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Evos aren't shit. I ran against one a buncha times at the track- he was running 13.8-14.0 consistent, I beat him every time :lol:

·
Registered
114 Posts
doublins said:
Evos aren't sh*t. I ran against one a buncha times at the track- he was running 13.8-14.0 consistent, I beat him every time :lol:
Look at how much HP are you putting on the ground, try to race an Evo 8 with the same HP and let see the result. Just my $.02

·
Registered
427 Posts
Even if it did have that much HP..who cares.

I can strap a rocket to a turd and have it beat a boosted is300..
but its still a turd.

·
Registered
103 Posts
apoji187 said:

but its still a turd.
Your kidding me right? Evos own IS300s in every category. Yeah we all know boosted ISs are quick, let the guy with the EVO spend the same amount of money on mods as you did for your Turbo IS and then see what happens. God damn you fucking IS owners are cocky motherfuckers! :roll:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
20psiVeeDub said:
apoji187 said:

but its still a turd.
Your kidding me right? Evos own IS300s in every category. Yeah we all know boosted ISs are quick, let the guy with the EVO spend the same amount of money on mods as you did for your Turbo IS and then see what happens. God damn you fucking IS owners are cocky motherfuckers! :roll:
I think this guy is just jealous of us :D :D :D a guy who can't afford a lexus so he's driving a vw :eek: btw i can spank your veedub anyway you want it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
IS300_T said:
20psiVeeDub said:
apoji187 said:

but its still a turd.

I think this guy is just jealous of us :D :D :D a guy who can't afford a lexus so he's driving a vw :eek: btw i can spank your veedub anyway you want it.
Jealous of what? The IS300 is nothing to be jealous of! Ive driven then for 9 months straight, EVERYDAY, sorry nothing to be jealous of. The only thing good about the car is its handling, thats about it. And let me tell you, your so cool, you have 322rwhp and your picking on a 1.8l GTI pushing 200whp, lol cool you are :roll: You want a real race, ill just go get my buddies Toyomoto Stg 2 IS, untuned he put down 380RWHP, tuned he put close to 440 to the wheels. You still wanna run :lol:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Stock IS cant even be compared to an EVO I agree
but, I dont understand why everyone is evo crazy..theyre not a supercar by any means - neither is an IS. Real World experience with the evo has shown me - that it takes a very skilled driver to make the EVO live up to its magazine hype.
I'm basically saying - I cant stand the aesthetics of an evo. Personally, I think they look like shit. If they maintained the JDM look, and JDM performance I would respect it more. Many cars can be tuned to destroy an Evo - and many cars can be tuned to destroy a boosted IS..

If i wasnt pushing the HP that I am, didnt have the anti-pop culture attitude that I do - and wanted a car -built for me- I would get an evo.

Personally..I would rather drive a tuned IS than an EVO..purely for aesthetics.

Its my opinion - but feel free to jump on the evo bandwagon and be a lemming.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
20psiVeeDub said:
IS300_T said:
20psiVeeDub said:
apoji187 said:

but its still a turd.

Jealous of what? The IS300 is nothing to be jealous of! Ive driven then for 9 months straight, EVERYDAY, sorry nothing to be jealous of. The only thing good about the car is its handling, thats about it. And let me tell you, your so cool, you have 322rwhp and your picking on a 1.8l GTI pushing 200whp, lol cool you are :roll: You want a real race, ill just go get my buddies Toyomoto Stg 2 IS, untuned he put down 380RWHP, tuned he put close to 440 to the wheels. You still wanna run :lol:

What do you mean you've driven them for 9 months? do you take it to your garage.....if you have one. if you never own an IS please don't tell me sh*t. as for your friends boosted IS ... sorry pal i never race against a brotha. i mean what's the point ? i know what it's like, all i've got to do turn the dial up and bam.....sorry veedumb i mean veedub but i still think you're jealous.

·
Registered
45 Posts
20psiVeeDub said:
IS300_T said:
20psiVeeDub said:
apoji187 said:

quote]

Jealous of what? The IS300 is nothing to be jealous of! Ive driven then for 9 months straight, EVERYDAY, sorry nothing to be jealous of. The only thing good about the car is its handling, thats about it.
ISLOW is nothing to be jealous about. a sentra can beat the IS. then again, if you bought the IS for the cool factor, you are a loser! lol..a 32K car that wont get you laid and is as fast as a civic! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
215 Posts
apoji187 said:
Stock IS cant even be compared to an EVO I agree
but, I dont understand why everyone is evo crazy..theyre not a supercar by any means - neither is an IS. Real World experience with the evo has shown me - that it takes a very skilled driver to make the EVO live up to its magazine hype.
I'm basically saying - I cant stand the aesthetics of an evo. Personally, I think they look like sh*t. If they maintained the JDM look, and JDM performance I would respect it more. Many cars can be tuned to destroy an Evo - and many cars can be tuned to destroy a boosted IS..

If i wasnt pushing the HP that I am, didnt have the anti-pop culture attitude that I do - and wanted a car -built for me- I would get an evo.

Personally..I would rather drive a tuned IS than an EVO..purely for aesthetics.

Its my opinion - but feel free to jump on the evo bandwagon and be a lemming.
I think people respect the EVOs because it is sooooo easy to make fast. Also, you get a stock car that can basically run with M3s, Porsche, and S4s. IS people love the handling and the EVO outhandles, outruns just about any car in the world. Sure you can say that its ugly as hell but you can't deny the performance aspect :D

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Maxowner2002 said:
20psiVeeDub said:
IS300_T said:
20psiVeeDub said:
apoji187 said:

quote]

Jealous of what? The IS300 is nothing to be jealous of! Ive driven then for 9 months straight, EVERYDAY, sorry nothing to be jealous of. The only thing good about the car is its handling, thats about it.
ISLOW is nothing to be jealous about. a sentra can beat the IS. then again, if you bought the IS for the cool factor, you are a loser! lol..a 32K car that wont get you laid and is as fast as a civic! :lol: :lol: :lol:
...............and you are bragging about your maxima :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh yeah i think a toyota echo can beat your maxima :lol: :lol: :lol: i think you're the loser for driving a maxima

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IS300_S said:
Maxowner2002 said:
20psiVeeDub said:
IS300_T said:
20psiVeeDub said:
apoji187 said:

quote]

...............and you are bragging about your maxima :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh yeah i think a toyota echo can beat your maxima :lol: :lol: :lol: i think you're the loser for driving a maxima
Thanks for defending me bro :D btw i like your M3. ( it's just not fast enough to run with my IS (j/k) :D ) people lets not argue about who's got a better or faster car. anycar can be as fast as your maxima Maxowner2002 :eek: given enough attention to make it fast. the cars appearance is all about preference, again Maxowner2002 thinks that his maxima is all that and a bag of potato chips. sorry Maxowner2002 but i have to make you an example. now that said it and done....lets go back to our topic.

p.s Maxowner2002 if you're from around san diego maybe we can race so you'll see me lose to a civic :lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
20psiVeeDub said:
apoji187 said:

but its still a turd.
I can't agree more.... After you spend about 6g's in the IS you better pass the Evo. No dissrespect to IS I love the car, the look, the quality but it is in a totally different category as the EVO.

When are these kids going to learn. That's the problem with IS right now, too many punk kids are driving it.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts