Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm the one that has the CLK320 and I posted a couple of days ago "looking to race a stock IS300" because I had a feeling that the CLK was not that quick...

Well, I was right. I ran it against cb8586 and his stock '02 E-shift took my new $50k Mercedes Coupe three times in a row...

1. From a dig to 80 by 2 car lenghts
2. From a 20 mph roll to 80 by 1 car
3. From a dig to 100 by 1 car

That's it... no way I'm buying another V6 mercedes... In fact, I might just take a hit and trade this one for a CLK500.

Damn, I wish there was a Toyomoto out there for Mercedes, but the only one that comes close is RENNtech and BRABUS, and they charge more for the upgrades than the price of the car!!

Oh well, I guess my 500hp turbo IS will have to do.

·
Registered
212 Posts
How much would you be looking for for your CLK320? My cousin might be interested in getting the new generation of it, as he's currently driving the old.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd probably take $46k for it. However, I've been doing some hw and I have found several sources on the mbworld.org forum for superchargers and I think that might be a better way to go instead of getting the CLK500. I'm going to do some more searching and I may end up having two f/i cars!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
two words for you onyx: KLEEMAN....HPS.

(dunno if they have applications for your car though.....probably not news to you since you surf the MB boards)

check out bnzsport.com as well (formerly benzsport) with questions about MB. it's one of the most active/friendly benz boards.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
scottschoe said:
two words for you onyx: KLEEMAN....HPS.

(dunno if they have applications for your car though.....probably not news to you since you surf the MB boards)

check out bnzsport.com as well (formerly benzsport) with questions about MB. it's one of the most active/friendly benz boards.

Thanks for your help... you're right, I already talked with Brandon of Kleemann USA in Colorado Springs and I'm taking the car there in a month for the s/c with the smaller pulley...

The stock kit is good for 331hp and 326 lb/ft @ 2000 rpm, but we'll do the smaller s/c pulley and should be at 350 hp and 340 ft/lb @ 2k rpm. I was planning on sending it this Monday, but since Colorado Springs is not that far from Dallas, I'm gonna wait a little while and make a road trip out of it. The Kleemann s/c is very compact (all built-into the intake manifold) and only requires one day to install and one day to tune.

Anyway, I know this is a Lex forum, but I just wanted to respond and thank you for your input.

cb... I'll call you when I get the IS Turbo back (s/b next week) and we'll have to run again when I get the CLK s/c'd so we can see what sort of improvements it made.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Why not just trade the clk320 in for the c32amg? Test drive it, you will like it. clk32k kleemann is not a bad choice too. In fact, I am from Dallas too, if you are interested, you can test drive my car.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
10secondIS said:
I'll drive it and then tell him how it is!! How's that?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one Jeremy! How about when my Toyomoto arrives, you drive it and tell me how it is :lol:

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
onyx_is said:
10secondIS said:
I'll drive it and then tell him how it is!! How's that?

Good one Jeremy! How about when my Toyomoto arrives, you drive it and tell me how it is :lol:
hehehehe..... I couldn't do that to you buddy!! I'll let you drive your car around the block once cuz I would feel bad if I drove it first. Then i'll take it for a week or so and let you have mine. hows that? and i'm gunna whoop you in the quarter mile like you're standing still!! :lol:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Man, you drive a hard bargain! I guess I'll have to think about that for a while.. :-? :-?

Ok... done thinking.... NOPE!!! :shame:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, turbo is DONE!!!

Talked with Lance this evening and he dynoed it, but at a very conservative timing and a 12 A/F ratio because the new piston/rings have less than 200 miles on them. Also, this was in Miami at 4pm with 90% humidity and 100 degree temp!

It's still better than your average stage II, but once i get it and break in the new internals, I'll test dyno it again and see what we get.

I'll post the dyno in the moring.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts