Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
LMS has been selling a supercharger kit for the IS350 for a while now. It's about $6000 for a whole 40 whp.

If you want an IS250 to be a lot faster you need to trade it in for an IS350, nothing else will reliably add over 100 hp for anywhere near the price

·
Registered
106 Posts
to bad they don't make a kit for the IS350, I loved it on my S2000

·
Registered
703 Posts
LMS has been selling a supercharger kit for the IS350 for a while now. It's about $6000 for a whole 40 whp.

If you want an IS250 to be a lot faster you need to trade it in for an IS350, nothing else will reliably add over 100 hp for anywhere near the price
I emailed LMS and they stopped making them

But I do know the company where parts were sourced and they are local

I am trying to get an install sheet from an LMS system for reference I for a parts list already

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Heh... they probably stopped selling em because they're nowhere near worth the cost for the power they add so they only sold like 5 of em.

With zero engine management possible and high compression you're looking at about 5 lbs of boost, tops, before running into problems.

You could maybe get a couple more pounds if you rig up your own intercooler/alcohol injection system... but you're pretty rapidly approaching the amount of money it'd cost to just trade in for an IS-F and get the same or more power with a full warranty and other upgrades.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Peeps preached how the price wouldn't drop to boost the IS300, and its just a matter of time REAL tuners get their hands on these types of engines (direct injection) and begin to finger it all out. (I'm sure audi gurus already have a head start having OE direct injection boosted audis to toy with).

Its not rocket science, hell it isn't a task beyond some of the DIY wrenchers we have here (teckis, seven, lambchop ect), its just the current ISX50 demograph right now (like the note worthy DIY wrenchers mentioned earlier) do not have these cars, yet.

Just a matter of time. Its going to be a mix of ole'school tricks, and maybe a few newly adapted schemes of old to work around the hardware components of the fuel injection and the electronics, and possibly small points to hit on such as upgrades in cooling to cope with newer cars having eco-friendly materials lowering the heat tolerance of bearings and such.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Given the IS300 used an engine that had been widely boosted in other cars, was used in a LOT of other cars, and had a MASSIVE aftermarket available for it it was pretty obvious it'd be practical to boost it.

The IS350? Not so much.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Given the IS300 used an engine that had been widely boosted in other cars, was used in a LOT of other cars, and had a MASSIVE aftermarket available for it it was pretty obvious it'd be practical to boost it.

The IS350? Not so much.
Not so. That is what was thought when it first came out, but the TT parts DO NOT swap over. The manifolds, the cams, the EMSs, NONE. Those had to be custom made. Lessons had to be learned the hard way what the OE internal's limmits were, as they apparently are not the same as the NA supra, nor the n/a cam duration (non-vvti), trannys also had to be felt out.

It is just now that the manifolds can be had for cheap. Cams, EMS, still custom, still paying a bit higher price (except for me :p ) for the same thing that others (honda for example) get for cheaper.

Further more the older IS 300 demograph was not the aftermarket type crowd, it is just of recent that prices on kits have gone greatly down, as that demograph has changed and thus demand has gone up.

This technology in the ISX50s are not new, entirely. I worked on fuel injected (ie: electronically controlled) desiels, aka direct injection. It is just a matter of time it is found out what head gaskets to go with, what the stock block can take, what companies offer an EMS solution.

You are right, it will be slow, but there are always peeps with deep pockets and the want to "one up" the next peep. It was like that here, and it is like that in every car scene.

Bump this thread in like 4 years.

Reactions: redline814

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
LOL!! Stumbled upon this thread searching for some info. on 8 rib crank pulley sizes... more specifically the crank pulley LMS used in their S/C kit. :)

I'm starting small at 5 lbs....we'll see where I end up.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Not so. That is what was thought when it first came out, but the TT parts DO NOT swap over. The manifolds, the cams, the EMSs, NONE. Those had to be custom made. Lessons had to be learned the hard way what the OE internal's limmits were, as they apparently are not the same as the NA supra, nor the n/a cam duration (non-vvti), trannys also had to be felt out.

It is just now that the manifolds can be had for cheap. Cams, EMS, still custom, still paying a bit higher price (except for me :p ) for the same thing that others (honda for example) get for cheaper.

Further more the older IS 300 demograph was not the aftermarket type crowd, it is just of recent that prices on kits have gone greatly down, as that demograph has changed and thus demand has gone up.

This technology in the ISX50s are not new, entirely. I worked on fuel injected (ie: electronically controlled) desiels, aka direct injection. It is just a matter of time it is found out what head gaskets to go with, what the stock block can take, what companies offer an EMS solution.

You are right, it will be slow, but there are always peeps with deep pockets and the want to "one up" the next peep. It was like that here, and it is like that in every car scene.

Bump this thread in like 4 years.
and it'll be 4 years in a couple weeks... and no internal upgrades available, no real ECU mods available (apart from one guy in Greece with a MAPECU3 that's doing some fuel trim, and one guy who hacked a japanese HKS unit to fit his car (and again it's stupid expensive).... and most importantly no cure for 12:1 compression.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts