Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the windshield replaced on my IS300 2002 and there is no sound coming from my speakers. The radio has power and scans through stations per usual, just no sound. Any help would be so appreciated. I checked a radio fuse under hood and it looked ok. I looked at the amp and it’s there but that’s all I can tell without taking the dash apart.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this might sound really dumb of me to say, but have you tried the volume knob?
Lol, not dumb but yes that was the first thing that tipped me off that there was no sound. Def not a volume knob issue.
It’s more a matter of discovering what wires related to amp, speaker, radio are closest to the windshield (I think).

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
10,172 Posts
that really is a mystery. I had mine replaced without any issues like that. It's not like there are any wires on or near the windshield. I don't even think they have to go into the car to replace it, they do it from the outside. There aren't any speakers in the dash, they are all in the doors. I'm stumped!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same, stumped. I do appreciate your response. The amp isn’t too far from the base of the windshield so my best guess is something possibly got rattled loose there. But I’m not confident to pull the amp out. I’ve seen posts of other makes/models have the same issue right after windshield replacement so maybe some light will be shed on this. The guy that did my windshield said he’ll poke around and try to resolve the problem and if he does I’ll share the results with community. Need those tunes!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Following up on this issue: 2 days after the windshield replacement my speakers started working again on their own. The pre-set radio stations were scrambled. I took it back to the guy that replaced the windshield and he didn't have a clue why this would happen but did say he hadn't used any water to test for leaks and guaranteed it wasn't leaking, he also said the battery didn't need to be jumped after the repair so that wasn't a reason for the radio scramble.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts