Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Just checked out the vol.3 of insidelexus.com...it's pretty good. They even mention redoing the lexus website - this was crucial, the current website sucks.
I can't wait to take the new SC430 for a spin. Weighing less than the GS430, and having smaller dynamics, it should be a pretty nifty handler/cruiser. I bet it will give the XJR and the SL a run for their money.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I think the new SC430 will be primarily aimed at the all new SL (scheduled for launch next year) at a price $20 grand south of the MERC. I think you meant Jaguar XKR s/c coupe instead of XJR s/c sedan hasanazhar. I drove the 370hp supercharged XJR and it had almost as much oooomph as my E55.
Eric....

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited November 07, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
It says the IS300 edit bay contest winner
(Nick Saraceno) is an 18 year old living
in Bend, Oregon.

1> I didn't think his commercial was that great.
2> I guess it is nice that an 18 year won the car.
3> There are alot of nice driving roads around Bend.

It also says that there were 2041 entrants in the contest...

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the XKR, that's what I meant. Rather the XK8 (the R is supercharged). When C&D or Motortrend (don't remember which one it was) compared the M5, E55, and XJR, all three Euro beasts had ample power but the XJR handled poorly - too much oversteer.
I wonder if Lexus will Supercharge the GS430 to match the Euro hotrod luxo-sedans. Personally I don't quite like the exterior mods provided by L-Tuned. They make the car look cheap and ricey. If they made the changes more subtle (like the germans), it'd be much better.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by hasanazhar:
Personally I don't quite like the exterior mods provided by L-Tuned. They make the car look cheap and ricey. If they made the changes more subtle (like the germans), it'd be much better.
black/ivory
17"
EXACTLY..! YUCK! I saw a GS400 L-sport at the NYC Autoshow this past spring and it looked like a car I could see an 18 year old driving but couldn't afford. When you compare the 540i to the M5, the M5 was enhanced in a tasteful fashion. I couldn't for my life say the same for the GS400 L-sport. I'd opt for a GS500, although a GS430 s/c is the more likely of the two. I don't see either occurring anytime soon, but you never know..
Eric...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts