Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hate to do this, but I need money for my wedding coming up in a few months. I love these wheels, and DO NOT want to part with them... but a man has to have priorities, and for me right now, its the whole getting married thing.

These wheels have less than 15k on them, as I bought them a few weeks old off a show car in LA, had them for a little while, then drove out to south carolina 6 months ago. I bought the tires at Tire Rack in South Bend on the way across the country, so they have less than 10k on them.

This is the BEST combination I have EVER owned, and I have owned a few (5 or 6, not 50-60 like nigelll). They are a dream fit on the IS300, even with the size rubber I have on them. I only needed to shave about a 1/2 of a millimeter off the inside of one fender (2 minutes with sandpaper) to get them to fit perfect (and I'm lowered 1.5 inches on JIC Magic FLT A2s and I have normal camber). These wheels are the special edition Volk TE37-LEs not normal TE-37s nor LE-37s. I have only ever seen a few sets, and never another on the road. They only weigh 17 pounds a piece! My acceleration, handling, and braking improved more with this set than they did with any other mod I have made to my IS.

The wheels are about as mint as they come, with only ONE nick on any of the wheels (pictured). I used big pics so you can see all flaws (or lack thereof).

Now for the specs:

Up front: wheels are 18x7.5" +48 wrapped in 235/35/18 Gforce KDW
In the back: 18x8.5" +50 wrapped in 255/35/18 Gforce KDW

Now some pics:

i used a quarter... thats how much tread there is

and now for the only nick:

Thats the only nick, and as you can see, its very small.

Now heres the deal. I want to do a trade. I want something in a 17" and as lightweight as possible. NO CHROME. Let me know what you what you have, and we can figure it out from there. I really need some cash and to swap these out with something that is less expensive to put tires on. Just let me know.

IF I WERE TO DO A CASH SALE, I WANT TO GET $2000for the wheels and tires

Thanks for looking, I am located in Charleston, SC.

I reserve the right to pull this thread at any time, as I am contemplating selling my car....

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey kevin, would you want stock wheels + cash or my 18s + cash?
Hey man, hope you are doing well. I may consider stocks at some point (you'll be the first to know if I do) but right now I'm looking for something a little lighter/wider than stock in a 17". Thanks for the interest though.... it really hurts me just to put them up here after I spent the better part of 18 months looking for this set.

·
Registered
246 Posts
damn i wish i was in cali im here on the east coast i would swap you my 17x8 ultraleggeras with 225/45 KDW2's plus some dough for these in a second any way we coudl make this work with me being on the east coast?

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn i wish i was in cali im here on the east coast i would swap you my 17x8 ultraleggeras with 225/45 KDW2's plus some dough for these in a second any way we coudl make this work with me being on the east coast?
I live in Charleston SC now. I am an East Coaster. Where are you located?

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
check out my 18's replica volk gtns if u wanna do a trade plus cash
Thanks for the offer, but the issue for me is that I really want something in a 17"

At this point (the woman drives the car more than I do these days) I'd even consider trading for some clean stocks and some cash.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts