Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
2001_LeXuS_IS300_19 said:
well its not a rivet it has a hex head and a nut on the back

Did you take the wheels apart? Usually with something that small 7-10 ft/lb should of sufficient. Rays Engineering uses loctite the rivets and nut together.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i took the whole rim apart one reason is to get the lip fixed and the other is so that i could powder coat the face of the rim. i wasn't sure if there was a certain torque for it but yeah i was gonna use some loctite when putting them back together. thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
2001_LeXuS_IS300_19 said:
yeah i took the whole rim apart one reason is to get the lip fixed and the other is so that i could powder coat the face of the rim. i wasn't sure if there was a certain torque for it but yeah i was gonna use some loctite when putting them back together. thanks for your help.

If you want I can get ahold of a guy I know, who owns a wheel repair/refinishing shop, he will know what to torque them at. But yea definitely use loctite, they help alot. I recently did a set of SSR SP1, I 4got to loctite about 4 rivets, so they fell off.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
18ft lbs is good- i always take mine apart once the lip gets nicked to sand and repolish!! use the blue loctite a MUST!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts