Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have been looking to get into a set of 19x8.5, 19x9.5 staggard volk setup lately. If you take a look at this thread:

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13359135

you'll see that this was a set of (19x8.5 front 19x9.5 rear) volk av3's that were shaved +5mm front and +10mm rear to produce a +44offset front and a +49 offset rear. The setup in that thread also requires rolling front and rear fenders. I love how it pushes the wheel right out to the very edge of the fender, it looks like it lines up perfect. So my question is:

Other volk wheels don't come in the same +39 offset that these Av3's originally came in. But if I buy a set of volk wheels that are of another offset, but still shave it however much it needs to be to reach the magic +44 front, +49 rear, will it be the same, or are other wheels going to be totally different? Thanks for any info! Austin

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can any guru's confirm this?

Thanks for the info..........

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
I don't see why not, it's very similar to having custom made rims but you're shaving the rim to a desired offset. The biggest concern I'd have is can it be done safely? There's only so much you can shave off before the structural integrity of the rim is in question. Maybe it's me but 10 mm is a lot to shave off, that's almost 1/2 an inch.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, actually, with the offsets I'm considering shaving, no wheel would be shaved more than 5-6 mm. For example, say I'm interested in a set of Volk LE37T's in a 19x8.5, 19x9.5 setup. The highest offsets on this wheel are +43 for the 19x8.5 and +45 for the 19x9.5. So the front would have to be shaved 1-3 mm and the rear would have to be shaved 4-6 mm, just guesstimates. Anyway, does anyone know if this would result in the same look as the AV3's in the other thread? Or would the LE37T's be a completely different wheel?

p.s.-has anyone ever seen LE37T's with a deep lip? How much lip on the 19x9.5? I'm just wondering if this wheel ever has more than a 1 in. lip like I always see...........

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
you may be able to get by with +43 front and +45 rear.

but if you wan to shave it .. then yes cut 2 mm off the front to get +45 and cut 3-5mm off to get +48 or +50

LE37 don't really have a big lip. that is the design of the wheel. maybe 9.5 or 10.5 inch will have a visible lip.

go with GT series for a lip look. I think GT C have 19" and GTC are cheaper than the LE or TE

GTC come in 19x9.5 +49 19x8.5 +43
the face I for front and face II for rear combo looks COOOLLLLLL

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info Yellow! I took a look at the GT-C's.....they look nice, I escpecially like the mercury silver color. What's the difference between face 1 and face 2? I couldn't tell.......Thanks! Austin

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, what's the darker silver color for Volk's? Is it the mercury silver or the other silver(is it called chrome silver?) Anyway, I'd appreciate any info. Thanks! Austin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts