Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,149 Posts
i'd like pictures, and the face 1's are the flat faces correct? not the concave ones?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^
Hey what's up?

It is pretty hard for me to get pics during the day on the week although I will try my hardest (I work out of town and by the time I get in-town it is dark...i hate winter!) I can say that I can have pics by the weekend for sure. I have to leave work a lil early today for an appt. so if I get out of that before it gets dark, I will ride across town and get them for you. Here is a picture to show you what the face is like

The ones I am offering are darker silver, almost like a gunmetal. I hope this helps and I will give you a heads-up when I get some pics.

PMs replied to as well!

thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Revised post haha

Buddy said he had some Volks at his shop that had been there for a while and that they would fit my car if I wanted them to come check them out--$650. I like my wheels which look almost exactly like that just bronze and offset perfectly for not having to roll/shave the fenders, so I figured why not sell them on here for him since he wants to get rid of them right? $50 shipping is straight. So $700

Well bad news. I left work early today to go get some pictures of them and when I pulled them out and set them all beside one another, I noticed all three lips are different sizes! FFFuu....

So I measured them up. Two of them ARE the same width, just different offsets. They are 18x9.0, one is +42 and the other is unknown because I didnt measure it and it is more extreme (meaning less than the +42).

The other is an 18x8.5 (measured 9 from lip edge to inside edge...but one of the 9.0" wheels had a sticker and it measured 9.5 from lip edge to inside inner edge). The offset i measured (no sticker on drum). From mounting plane (hub/wheel interface) to the edge of the drum is 6.25" = 165.1mm, which doesnt make sense as an offset so I guess it is measured out to the front lip which kinda makes sense haha. So 8.5" = 215.9mm. Then to the front face 215.9-165.1= 50.8, which seems like an offset? The lip seems like a high offset wheel so 50.8 also makes sense.

The thing I don't get is the lips are different widths, not like you can just mill the mounting face and equate the offsets. They would still look different.

A pic of all three though...LIGHT AS HELL. I was impressed. I don't know if my wheels are close to that weight or not, never picked them up without them having tires but I would say no way.

So if anyone messed any wheel like that and wants one...I got it, you dont need to wait 3 months haha. I can still sell each wheel separately $240 e/a shipped if interested. Or a tight barstool base or something. They should have a happy home

1 - 4 of 4 Posts