Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALoha .Net members,

I need some help. I was going to get Volk GT-7 but since there is a 3 month back log on them, I and now going to get new Gunmetal GT-C.

My question is, what offset should I use to get the rim's to sit almost even with the wald fenders on my car.

I currently have 18x8 w+43 offset all around.

Was think about :
18x8 w+37 or 31 (face 1) for the front
18X9 w+30 or 24 (face2) for the rear

and hopefully it they will clear the stock brakes.

And I will be using 225 for the front and 255 for the rear.

Can anyone help me with this.

Mahalo,

Kyle

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
just an FYI, not sure if u know this or not...but the Wald flares DO NOT make your wheel clearance any bigger...they go on top of your existing fender...so unless you bolt/mold on the fender and CUT/SHAVE the stock one...you'll still have the stock fender limitation there.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
lonewolf said:
Good point. and thanks,

I think my bodyshop guy knows that, but I'll remind him of it.

Will probably look stupid in front of him, but thanks again.
haha no...not stupid. it's really hard to find the wheels with the right offsets if you hack away your stock fender..mainly because not too many people have done it. If I were you, I'd go get your car measured AFTER the body modifications...so you can buy the right wheels.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
colorado_is300,

Yeah that helped. Do you have the face 2 in the rear or face 1 all around?

lilaznboi,

Yeah I know what you mean. I guess I should take a good measurment of my rear fender area. I know 18x8 w/+43 offset in the front will work. it just that rear wheels i'm worried about.

I could just go with a silver set like my current GT-C, but I wanted the
GT-7 in gunmetal, but I don't want to wait 3 month for them.

I did my homework on the GT-7, there is a .net member Hchan who was able to fit 18x10 in the rear with a +30 offset.

But since the GT-C have a face 1 & 2 not sure of the offset I will need.

I could just go with a face 1 all around again, and just go with a 18x8 w/+43 offset in the front and 18x9 w/+31 offset in the rear.

That should give me a pretty nice lip on the rim.

Oh well, My guy at the bodyshop is looking in to see if Volk even have the GT-C gunmetals in stock.

wish me luck.

Kyle

·
Registered
634 Posts
nah... get the Gt-7s ;)
lonewolf said:
ALoha .Net members,

I need some help. I was going to get Volk GT-7 but since there is a 3 month back log on them, I and now going to get new Gunmetal GT-C.

My question is, what offset should I use to get the rim's to sit almost even with the wald fenders on my car.

I currently have 18x8 w+43 offset all around.

Was think about :
18x8 w+37 or 31 (face 1) for the front
18X9 w+30 or 24 (face2) for the rear

and hopefully it they will clear the stock brakes.

And I will be using 225 for the front and 255 for the rear.

Can anyone help me with this.

Mahalo,

Kyle

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks MrMark,

Never though of that. I'll let him know since he was thinking of rolling the lips, but this sounds better, and like you said, I can fasten the flares onto the lip.

Thanks, Colorado_is300,

Now that I know what offset I can use with a GT-C face 2.

I know at least a +44 offset will work, so a +38 or +30 might give me problems If I do not roll or fold out the lip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.