Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Replaced the clutch this week. Ive been taking my sweet time, but hey, I'm in no rush.
I went ahead and took out the old light weight flywheel and replaced it with the stock dual mass flywheel and Centerforce clutch kit. Call me crazy for going backwards but I had a terrible experience with my last Is300 lightweight flywheel and aggressive clutch set up. If I have any issues in the future ill go back to the lightweight flywheel. Also a sneek peek at the new wheels!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Installing a Walbro 255. Its not a perfect fit on the stock fuel pump hanger so I will have to modify the hanger to accommodate the larger fuel pump. Pretty excited to see this car on the dyno soon. Not looking to make over 350HP because of the stock W55 trans. I am using, but hoping to upgrade it in the future.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Got a chance to finally get the car tuned, made 398HP on the dyno. I set the boost lower since I'm still on the stock 5 speed. Enough talking and on to some pics.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I lost my password months ago so I havent been able to update the build. This is what has been going on in the past few months. The car made 400HP on the dyno, I daily drove the IS for about a month until a wastegate line melted and caused a horrific boost spike that lead to blowing the piston rings. I went a head and picked up 2jz GTE rods, pistons and ARP rod bolts. I pulled the motor out 2 weeks ago and slowly started to take it apart before I send if off to get rebuilt. I ordered front/rear over fenders and door flares for the car that should be here in a few weeks. Switched from the Ksports to BC racing coilovers with Eibach sway bars. Swapped over the CF hood from my white IS300. Relocated the battery to the trunk with a proper kill switch. I purchased another Is300 to daily for now (I currently have the Red 5 speed IS, white 5 speed IS and now the grey auto IS) I also made a set of "Clear" tail lights since no one has done this before, I know its super 90's 2000's rice but it will be different from everyone else. Time for the photo dump. (The last photo is my "collection" of junk/cars lol)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
A ton of parts just arrived!
Test fit the front and rear over fenders / door skins (The pic only has the front fender on)
Installed the BC coilovers with aircups
Currently installing Finishing Lines ABS relocation kit, Drift knuckles with Aristo tie rod ends, Eibach sway bars with new end links.
Still waiting on my seat rails/ brackets.
Engine bay is primed and ready for paint.
When the engine is back from being built I will probably tune the car for 375HP until I can afford a better trans.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Fit the full body panels, mounted the Bride seat, tested the BC coilovers w/ air. Its pretty cool to have the ride of coilovers and at the flip of a switch raise the car over speed bumps and not lose the performance like bags would.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Whats with photobucket recently?

Anyways, I finally got around to opening up the engine to see why my car was smoking so bad. 4 out of 6 pistons had cracked or shattered ringlands and rings. Good thing the cylinder walls were not scored or damaged. I will have a machine shop take a look at the block before I proceed with the build. But here are a few before/ after shots of cleaning, painting and polishing the engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Got the block back from the machine shop. TT Pistons and rods installed. Started putting the engine back together along with the FFIM. I still need a throttle body. I wonder if the RMR 82.5MM throttle body wont sacrifice throttle response.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
21 - 40 of 40 Posts