Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to once again introduce myself again. (i doubt many people read the "hi i'm new here" threads
)
And also i want to all make you aware of my soon upcoming product. I have design a voice recognition system that can be installed in pretty much any car with electronic controls. It is fully customizable and programmed for you particular application. it will controll any device in your car (windows, doors, sunroof, radio, LCD's, amps, etc, etc)...although I'm against it controling engine functions like ignition and sportshift and such

In any case, i'll keep this short so just go to www.controlgenie.com and check it out.

price hasn't been finalized just yet but i think the basic unit (up to 15 commands, up to 8 outputs) will run around $500. Installation right now is only available in NJ throught StreetEffectz.

feel free to email me or reply here with further questions..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the shop is in south plainfield. StreetEffectz participates a lot and is a moderator on acura-tl.com so you can catch him there too. his name is Ron.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
fiddler, dont know if you remember me, but we've communicated through email a couple of times before about the VRM system. its funny how you post this thread, because the other day i was just asking the streeteffectz guys about the system! hehe. anyways, i did ask you if you could fly out here to put one on my car, do you think it's possible? are you going to be using a 16 or 32bit system? let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
385 Posts
OK i am highly interested!!! I would love to have something like this, i live in CT, how far away would you say your shop is, and how long does it take to install all this stuff, as in, do i need to have a friend bring a car so i can go home, or is it a 1 day ordeal? What can you do with the IS, could you list some possiblilities?
Thanx
Sam

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I try posting a reply last night but it wouldnt go through. I saved it at home though so as soon as I get there i'll post it again.
Tony- It's about 60-90 mins away from philly depending on how fast you drive

lexus_IS300 - yes i do remember you and your reply is the one I got at home
STKSI - ditto

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They had voice recognition in their cars?? dont remember that part.

plus this thing actually works

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh yeah .. (hmm.. i seemed to have missed the uhm.. plot
)
anyways.. here's the answer I tried to send yesterday:
-----------
fiddler, dont know if you remember me, but we've communicated through email a couple of times before about the VRM system. its funny how you post this thread, because the other day i was just asking the streeteffectz guys about the system! hehe. anyways, i did ask you if you could fly out here to put one on my car, do you think it's possible? are you going to be using a 16 or 32bit system? let me know, thanks!
Yes i do remember you
. glad to see you on this board.. now i dont feel so lonely
j/k
anyway, this business of mine is still getting developed and so is the product. I do have working models but I will not put myself behind a product unless i know it's 100% tested in every situation and is totally reliable. Once I do a couple and see how it all turns out and what kind of demand there is, I would love to go cross-country introducing this thing to installers and such. I will definitely be updating everyone on future plans (or you can check out the web page periodically for new info ... hint hint.. soon there's gonna be a nice flash demo of the unit). The units use 16bit 50mhz cpu's. if you really need the extra control, you can upgrade to a 32bit unit that will allow you to control up to 24 devices.

OK i am highly interested!!! I would love to have something like this, i live in CT, how far away would you say your shop is, and how long does it take to install all this stuff, as in, do i need to have a friend bring a car so i can go home, or is it a 1 day ordeal? What can you do with the IS, could you list some possiblilities?
I guess the distance would depend on how far you are from NJ. South plainfield is in central NJ around the New Brunswick area (40-45 mins away from manhattan). Whether it can be done in a day would depend on what kind of load the shop has. If you need to work something out, we could probably arrange it. As far as what's possible in an IS?.. well anything really
anything u can control with a button now, can be controlled with voice. If you have aftermarket things installed, even better (the more the better
)

Thanks for the interest guys. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanx alot man, very helpful and i am getting really excited now, lol. This sounds soo cool. If you get a flash demo or some pictures up on the website, tell me so i can check it out. I might just have to make a drive down to NJ one day this summer wiht 500 bucks

Sam

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
Fiddler
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing