Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
i raised this quastion in another thread but no reply?

i have 2GIS with ML with no voice command? (checked and verified) (dealer rules). i suppose the hardware should be exactly same (i even have the voice button). it is only a matter of software. does any body have an update? if so i will need to order your DVDs and utilize the software with my local map.

IS300 2007 DUBAI
Sorry, I don't have a software update. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

·
Registered
18 Posts
not software update, but update on how to have voice command in my car. if i have a confirmation from experts that the hardware is the same, then all i have to do is to search for the same software that you guys are having.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Nav on my 06 IS 350 has been acting up big time, right now it has me in santa barbara and I am actually in Palm Springs... anyone know how to reboot or repair this problem?

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The Nav on my 06 IS 350 has been acting up big time, right now it has me in santa barbara and I am actually in Palm Springs... anyone know how to reboot or repair this problem?
Hello John,

Welcome to the forums. First don't panic, call your dealer and tell them you need to schedule an apt to get the upgraded nav disc. It is a free fix because the original version disc that came in our cars does this.

In the future, you can search specific forums for this topic. Also, go to the stickied stuff up top, and click on the thread which lists all the TSIBs (technical service information bulletins) it's listed there.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
Does anyone know if the womans voice can be disabled after you press the voice command button. All I need to hear is the beep. I thought I read that there is a solution in a thread somewhere, but haven't been able to find it again.
George
Does anyone know how to do this? I thought there was a way, and actually someone had posted it. Been searching for a while, but no luck.

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Does anyone know how to do this? I thought there was a way, and actually someone had posted it. Been searching for a while, but no luck.
I'll have to check the manual, but I'm pretty sure somewhere in Menu or Info, you can choose to turn audio off, or turn voice guidance off.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
is it possible to put mp3's on dvd and play them in the car?

i have mark levinson package in my 350
If memory servers me correctly no, most software for burning DVDs will convert the mp3 to another file format. Which, is neither here nor there if you just want to store more music.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If memory servers me correctly no, most software for burning DVDs will convert the mp3 to another file format. Which, is neither here nor there if you just want to store more music.

Actually you can burn a DVD as a data disc and store mp3s on as actual mp3... dunno if the system will look for mp3s if you put a DVD in tho. just like you can burn a CD as data with mp3s on it and NOT have it convert them to wavs.

try burning the DVD as a data disc, drag and dro pthe mp3s on there.. and see if it works.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do any of you have the list of NAV voice commands, I keep messing around and now I have so much crap showing on the screen, ie. restaurants, golf courses and gas stations, but I cant clear it?

Thank you for the help.
"hide icons" will do it....the lexus has similiar commands as the acura...

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Actually you can burn a DVD as a data disc and store mp3s on as actual mp3... dunno if the system will look for mp3s if you put a DVD in tho. just like you can burn a CD as data with mp3s on it and NOT have it convert them to wavs.

try burning the DVD as a data disc, drag and dro pthe mp3s on there.. and see if it works.
It won't, FYI.

·
Registered
29 Posts
POI Retuarant = "I'm Hungry!" ... no kidding it really works... :cool:
Was just reading a review of the Audi Q5 or Q7 over at Askmen.com and the reviewer was raving about what he said was this amazing new "need based" voice command, like "I'm hungry", "I'm too cold", "I'm low on fuel" etc.

I was like... hey! Lexus already did that years ago!

(tho "I'm too cold" makes you sound like such a complainer...)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Here are some, if not all of the voice activated commands, I believe. Bartkat if you have another document that lists all the commands can you either replace this post or add to it? Personally I find it helpful to carry a cheat sheet in the car, instead of having to seek out "help" to review the list.

Anyway, hope this helps:

NAVI Commands
Command Alternate Commands with same function
Current position Current Location
Map
Cancel
Zoom In
Zoom Out
Right Map Zoom In
Right Map Zoom Out
North Up Change to north up
Heading Up Change to heading up
Map direction Change to map direction
Right map north up
Right map heading up
Right map direction
Dual map Change to dual map
Single map Change to single map
Mark this point Mark
Home Go Home
Repeat Guidance Repeat voice, Repeat
Louder
Softer
Arrow guidance Arrow guide, Change to arrow guidance, Change to arrow guide
Turn list guidance Turn list guide, Change to turn list guidance, Change to turn list guide
Entire Route map Entire route, route overview
Delete next destination Cancel next destination
Delete final destination Cancel final destination
Delete all destinations Cancel all destinations
Suspend guidance Stop guidance
Resume guidance Start guidance
Compass mode Change to compass mode
Lane guidance Change to lane guidance, Guidance screen on freeway

AUDIO Commands
Radio
AM AM Radio
FM FM Radio
FM1
FM2
CD
DVD
CD Changer
DVD Changer
Cassette
Tape
Audio Audio on, Audio off
Seek up
Seek down
Type up
Type down
Fast forward
Rewind
Reverse Program
Next track
Previous track
Skip backward
Play
Track up Next track
Track down Previous track
Disc up Next disc
Disc down Previous disc

Climate Commands
Automatic Air Conditioning Automatic Air Conditioning On, Automatic Air Conditioning Off
Raise Temperature Warmer
Lower Temperature Cooler
65 Degrees Temperature 65 Degrees
82 Degrees Temperature 82 Degrees
83 Degrees Temperature 83 Degrees
84 Degrees Temperature 84 Degrees
85 Degrees Temperature 85 Degrees

Help Commands
Help Command help, Command list

Home
Quick Access #1
Quick Access #2
Quick Access #3
Quick Access #4
Quick Access #5
Quick Access #6
Previous Start Point
Previous Destination
Nearest + POI Category
Show List
Add
Change State
Change City
Change Street
Change House Number
Enter Destination
Add to Destination
Replace Destination
This is kinda related to the topic but Just throwing it out there, Did you guys ever notice that the 2008 Navi VOice and the 2010 Navi voice is a huge difference? the 08 models sound like shes on slow motion retard status and the 2010 sounds like shes happy and perky lol

41 - 57 of 57 Posts