Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
milky said:
thanks for voice list. Where did you find it? I've been trying to find the ac commands but I don't see them in the manuel or on the help screen.
I'm of the opinion that voice act. for the a/c is not part of the nav. system for Canada. I guess they figure we don't need a/c here. On the other hand there is no option for all season tires when you order the luxury package. You have to take summer perf. tires. Go figure.
I just tried out the a/c commands and they weren't accepted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
canadian owners

Do any Canadian owners with nav. system have voice act. for the a/c?
I haven't been able to use voice for a/c unless I'm missing something, I've only had the car for a few days.
Whenever I tried, the command wasn't accepted and the word "american" popped up, so I assume that means its only available in the u.s.

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
dkaplan435 said:
I love the "I'm hungry" command
told y'all it works. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
When you can’t find certain house numbers, I found out you can work backwards…
Start with the City, go to the street and then the NAV system will present you with a range of valid house numbers…
I hope this helps... :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
annoying voice

Does anyone know if the womans voice can be disabled after you press the voice command button. All I need to hear is the beep. I thought I read that there is a solution in a thread somewhere, but haven't been able to find it again.
George

·
Registered
127 Posts
ibaxnu said:
Does anyone know if the womans voice can be disabled after you press the voice command button. All I need to hear is the beep. I thought I read that there is a solution in a thread somewhere, but haven't been able to find it again.
George
While moving, I can't say or push anything to get her to be quite (even though she has a very nice voice). But at a stop, an icon appears on the screen that will let you suspend the guidance system. :)

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Is there a way to completely disable voice commands?

I've got the nav configured to NOT give me voice guidance unless I hit the Nav button while tracking a destination. I only use the visual reminders.

But I can't figure out how to disable the voice command button completely...

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
tony said:
"That command is not available in this screen"

I hate when I get that.
Agreed, you would think they could have found away to figure out what we were looking to do.

Regarding disabling voice prompts. I'm sure there's a hack out there. The only suggestion is to be on your bluetooth. It cancels out all audio prompts when you're on the phone. ;)

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
I've got the nav configured to NOT give me voice guidance unless I hit the Nav button while tracking a destination. I only use the visual reminders.
How do you do that?

Agreed, you would think they could have found away to figure out what we were looking to do.
I usually say back, "What screen is it available in then? Bitch." Doesn't seem to work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
is there a way to disable the lady say "please say a command after beep" can't it jus beep ... anyway to disable the lady.. i mean it's pretty obvious if you're pressing the voice command button .. that the voice command would enable...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Voice Recognition Guidance -> OFF

omgitsroy326 said:
is there a way to disable the lady say "please say a command after beep" can't it jus beep ... anyway to disable the lady.. i mean it's pretty obvious if you're pressing the voice command button .. that the voice command would enable...
It's in the settings options. Menu -> Set up -> Voice Recognition Guidance -> OFF

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did the 'Im hungry' with some friends. I touched one of the icons which happened to be a strip joint. My friend tells me that it must have thought you said "I'm horny"

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I did the 'Im hungry' with some friends. I touched one of the icons which happened to be a strip joint. My friend tells me that it must have thought you said "I'm horny"
LOL! Now watch, you'll say I'm horny and she'll send you to McDonald's! ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
i raised this quastion in another thread but no reply?

i have 2GIS with ML with no voice command? (checked and verified) (dealer rules). i suppose the hardware should be exactly same (i even have the voice button). it is only a matter of software. does any body have an update? if so i will need to order your DVDs and utilize the software with my local map.

IS300 2007 DUBAI

21 - 40 of 57 Posts