Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an RX that simply will not open my garage door. I used the owner's manual procedure with no luck. The dealer did the same (the lights blinked correctly)but that failed also. Anyone know how to get this thing to work?!? It's a brand new opener and remote BTW.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
That's cause there's a trick to it... There's a Button on the actual garage door opener unit that you have to press. Then it gives you 30 seconds to hit the tranmitter button in your car... That will do the trick..
Eric..

·
Registered
511 Posts
It's pretty easy! I did mine a month ago. press and hold down the IS button until it starts to blink - Then once it's blinking aim ur garage remote right at the button and press it. It will now begin to blink really fast, meaning your code is stored.

now... Go over to your GarageDoor opener , up on a ladder, find the learn or program button. Press it. now run down the ladder (Just like the Price is right "race game") and press the button you programmed on your visor. Do this process a few times, until the opener learns the code from the IS... (It took me i think 2 or 3 times for the code to save in my garage door opener. but it's cool now

·
Registered
150 Posts
rarjoon, you are a savior!!! That thing was giving me fits. Read the manual(very slowly) many many times.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
mkaufman
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing