Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit car week ago and I bent front of hood little bit.

It's hard to open up hood now. somebody have to pull botton to open hood up.

Now, I want to get CF hood, can't decide which one I should go for. I know TRD is the best....but not enough budget..

Which one do u guys suggest??

·
Registered
411 Posts
my vote is Seibon

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
quality of seibon is nicer, ive had the vis and it fit and looked great. it had a blemish in one spot of the clear coat but it didnt really bother me, ive seen the seibon in person and you can def tell a defferenve in quality.

·
Registered
411 Posts
another question...
I found couple of Seibon CF hood and notice price is diffrent..
Is there any diffrence???
Different price, different style
TT Style

OEM Style

BX Style

Hope that helped.

·
Registered
124 Posts
to be honest about cf hoods made my vis and seibon, there both crap and shouldn't be consider true cf hoods, 1 layer of cf and the rest is all mat glass, not even cloth glass. Not to mention, its all wet layup not infused nor prepreg. Totally not worth it. If you want a fiberglass hood with the carbon look go ahead for it.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
to be honest about cf hoods made my vis and seibon, there both crap and shouldn't be consider true cf hoods, 1 layer of cf and the rest is all mat glass, not even cloth glass. Not to mention, its all wet layup not infused nor prepreg. Totally not worth it. If you want a fiberglass hood with the carbon look go ahead for it.
Unless you want a prepreg $2000-$3000 hood, Seibon IS your best option. They have great fitment, great finish, there only down fall is that they are wet hand laid carbon. I don't know of any companies who vacuum infused for the IS series and only a hand full who have dry carbon.

For $500 a Seibon hood is a great deal.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I LOVE my carbon VIS OEM hood. I get complements on it where ever I go. I had the sides painted to match the car color and then clear coated the whole thing.....it looks sweet......fits perfect and is super light. Hope this helps.....PLEASE DON'T HATE......:cool:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Unless you want a prepreg $2000-$3000 hood, Seibon IS your best option. They have great fitment, great finish, there only down fall is that they are wet hand laid carbon. I don't know of any companies who vacuum infused for the IS series and only a hand full who have dry carbon.

For $500 a Seibon hood is a great deal.

500 for a seibon hood is a great price if you only want the cf look and not anything structural, light, or functional at the same time.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I LOVE my carbon VIS OEM hood. I get complements on it where ever I go. I had the sides painted to match the car color and then clear coated the whole thing.....it looks sweet......fits perfect and is super light. Hope this helps.....PLEASE DON'T HATE......:cool:
how light is light? 25-30lbs? or 10-12lbs?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I've had both hoods. Some fit some didn't, it's just the luck of the draw. My VIS hood fit great, but only last 6 months then yellowed. My seibon hood didn't fit the best, but lasted longer than the vis. My advice would probably be the seibon hood cause the quality was better, but just take good care of the hood and keep it out of the sun as much as possible.

Oh yeah DO NOT WAX THE HOOD UNDER THE SUN!

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
How hard would it be too switch out the CF hood for daily driving and just use it for shows/meets??

·
Registered
215 Posts
How hard would it be too switch out the CF hood for daily driving and just use it for shows/meets??
It is very easy. It is just two bolts. The only hard part is tightening the bolts lined up so the hood fits even on both sides. It is not too hard though. Good Luck!

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
I've had both hoods. Some fit some didn't, it's just the luck of the draw. My VIS hood fit great, but only last 6 months then yellowed. My seibon hood didn't fit the best, but lasted longer than the vis. My advice would probably be the seibon hood cause the quality was better, but just take good care of the hood and keep it out of the sun as much as possible.

Oh yeah DO NOT WAX THE HOOD UNDER THE SUN!
Haha, don't wax ANYTHING under the sun.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts