Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hood pins yes or no what do u guys think many people say yes and no i thought it best to ask the experts

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
I have had my Vis hood both with and without hood pins. I only had the hood on for about 2 weeks without the pins, because I noticed quite a bit of baffling of the hood at highway speeds, and heard too many horror stories about people having their CF hoods fly up and smash the windshield, cuasing thousands of dollars in damage...

It does look a bit cleaner without the pins, but the sacrifice in safety is just not worth it...

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
ive had my VIS oem cf hood on now for about 6 months? maybe little more.. hardly any wobble on the freeway and that is at high speeds too.. feels sturdy as hell and fits like a glove..

i am thinking black hood pins later on just for some kicks.. but it doesnt really need it..

the cf hoods fly open because of a few things:

bad latch
you forget to lock the hood down all the way.

since vis has a great latch, and if you put it all the way down after you open your hood.. you will be fine...

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
i agree with ^^^^^^^^^^. i've had my VIS CF hood for about 6 monthes as well, and the latch is very strong. my hood does not rattle or anything so i don't plan on getting hood pins. just make sure that it is always latched down when you close it and you should be fine. the first time that it starts to rattle, make sure that the 4 bolts holding the hood to the car are tightened.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
how is the quallity on the VIS hoods??? just curious cuz i've seen one for a prelude that looked like shiet.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
fuct said:
how is the quallity on the VIS hoods??? just curious cuz i've seen one for a prelude that looked like shiet.
what do you think of this hood?
looks ok to me :wink:

the vis oem cf hood is pretty nice. i like it alot. very sturdy and strong latch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.