Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been a fan of the VIP style, and have always liked the body style of the IS300 for a project such as this. I only just recently came across this forum, and am in search of an IS300 at the moment, if I can find a clean one that's decently priced that is. Like I said, I just came across this forum, and am in no way aware if anyone has seen this IS300, but thought i'd share it. This is essentially what I would like to do with it. I'd like to hear your guys' opinions on such a project with the IS. I know a lot of people aren't supporters of the VIP movement, and just want to go fast, but all opinions are welcome.

Featured Ride: Aidan’s VIP IS300 – Stance Is Everything - It's all about how it sits

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Our bad seat's are pretty sad. I wouldn't want to be there for a long trip.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Not as silly as VIP'ing a $6k car with no leg room! [ba-dum] lol just joking. Whatever floats your boat. Have fun.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not as silly as VIP'ing a $6k car with no leg room! [ba-dum] lol just joking. Whatever floats your boat. Have fun.
$6K? Where at? lol. Only a few on my local craigslist and they're all going for like $10K on average. No onyx blacks though :pissed:

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
If I'm a VIP I'd rather stretch out in a RR Phantom or Bentley :approve: the IS is definitely too small in the back. Maybe good for some VIP teens or kids. Something about those VIP curtains on the IS windows that makes me just want to put my fist right thrue it.

·
Technical Poseur
23,313 Posts
I would also like to point out aside from the silly curtains ans fusa on the car you linked, it isnt VIP. Its damn clean but it isnt VIP.

VIP cars have obnoxious wheels and undriveable ride heights. Also since when did peopkle get it in their head that a sporty car should be VIP?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I would also like to point out aside from the silly curtains ans fusa on the car you linked, it isnt VIP. Its damn clean but it isnt VIP.

VIP cars have obnoxious wheels and undriveable ride heights. Also since when did peopkle get it in their head that a sporty car should be VIP?

Fail.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Aidan's ride is clean no doubt!

Good luck to ya when you find that IS. Remember to mod it the way you like it! In the end, that's all it matters. Don't let members on here who disagrees with VIP on a first gen to get in the way of what you like.

·
Registered
70 Posts

If I'm a VIP I'd rather stretch out in a RR Phantom or Bentley :approve: the IS is definitely too small in the back. Maybe good for some VIP teens or kids. Something about those VIP curtains on the IS windows that makes me just want to put my fist right thrue it.
nailed it. :approve:

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
its a nice car i agree, not very vip. i think its the wheels that need changing and the interior needs more work. also needs to remove all those stickers.

i think a lot of the purist believe a vip car is a big body luxury car, but the "vip style" has rubbed off on other cars like Toyota Prius, Scion XBs, Civics, Honda Fits, Vans and few other cars that i have seen pulled it off nicely.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Aiden's car is sick imo, but i don't like the curtains.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i love the look but idk if i should go that with a 5 speed IS hmmmm turbo or vip????hmmm hard decision lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts