Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I was looking at the features of the Clifford alarms, and saw they have a wireless immobilizer feature that I thought was nice. I figured since Clifford and Viper are under the same company that Viper would have a similar wireless immobilizer unit, but I didn't see one.

Basically, what would be ideal is to have a 2 way repsonder type remote that also has the wireless immobilizer unit. Clifford is doing this with the new Avanguard 5.5x unit coming out, but it's supposed to be $950 uninstalled.....ugh

Does anyone know if viper alarms have a wireless immobilizer unit?

·
Registered
28 Posts
By wireless immobilizer, do you just mean that you can shut down the engine from the remote? You can do this with any free channel on the alarm, just connect it to a relay.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, the wireless immobilizer is an add on unit that disables a third point. Most alarms immobilize starter and ignition, this wireless unit disables something like fuel line, ECU, etc., but since it's wireless, there's no wires to trace back to the alarm unit, so it makes it pretty difficult to locate........:>)

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
You can add this to any system easily and cheaper than what it appears the Clifford will be.

Just install this unit! Forget about the keyless entry portion, just use 12V+, Ign, ground, and the interupt output. Place the fob in your wallet and call it a day. When ever you are away from the car, the zone you want to diable will automatically do so.

http://www.12voltdirect.com/product.aspx?prodid=RFKE-22

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome, do yo realize how much money you could have possibly saved everyone who plans on buying this new Avantguard 5.5x unit?!? lol

They're basically trying to charge $500 more for adding a 2 way responder type deal to the regular AG5 model.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts