Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2001 is300 and before I have a viper responder 350 installed . Now I have the viper 5706v installed by a shop. its been in there for about 4 years. . Now the unlock feature stop working on my viper remote. The stock Lexus key fob still unlocks the car but doesn't lock it . The viper remote only locks the car but doesn't unlock it . It just stopped its been like that for a few months and I'm now getting around to trying to fix it

The door pin harness which is blue & green cable from the viper brain goes into my driver door and then we have 2 relays and they connect to the master switch harnesss. does anyone have the master switch harness pin out . I'm trying to figure out why its not working . The master switch on the door works fine. when I press unlock on the viper remote I hear the viper brain click and I hear the relays click but it won't unlock the car . I did check for continuity just incase the wires got broken where the door closes and opens but its good. I have attached some pictures so you guys can see what I'm talking about . From my understanding we have type b locks . any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take the tape off the wires from the relays and put a voltmeter on when you activate it.
so I didn't do that but I removed the relays and it still unlocked is it possible the relays are not working

do you have a pinout for that master control ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I believe 87. Also if I take out the relays it still locks but won't unlock.

So I took a multimeter and tested the lock wire from the alarm and it shows me zero voltage.
when I tested the unlock wire it gave me 2.5 volts. From my understanding i thought the viper alarm put out 200MA on each lock & unlock wire from the viper brain

according to the DEI 1072 one relay should work for this application. How did this installer make two relays work without any diodes ?

What poles go away when triggered.

Attachments

·
3,726 Posts
Now that you say there is no diodes. It may have burned the ones in the alarm. It would be simple enough to change everything over and find out.

·
3,726 Posts
Not easy. You would need to probe the circuit board itself. I would just change the relay system over with diodes in place. If it solves the issue. Do not worry. Otherwise if it does not. Replace the alarm.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not easy. You would need to probe the circuit board itself. I would just change the relay system over with diodes in place. If it solves the issue. Do not worry. Otherwise if it does not. Replace the alarm.
I remember I had changed the alarm last year. I been troubleshooting this for a while . Do you think it's a ground issue with the alarm itself.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do not think so. A ground issue would have trouble on every use. Not just certain uses.
I tried too do the tech tip with the diodes. Doesnt work . I pulled everything out and rewired it.
I think I'm doing something wrong. I'm following everything based on the diagram.

My biggest issue is the lock wire when I hit the remote doesn't give off no voltage. But it works fine.

The Unlock wire gives off 2.5 volts but it doesn't work . I'm really stumped

·
3,726 Posts
If you have it wired right and the diodes going the right direction. I do not know. What is up, other than bad unit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Soo I did some testing and the Unlock wire/pin is giving off 12volts at rest and 12volts when you press the Unlock button.

·
3,726 Posts
Yeah, It is a grounding trigger. When it gets grounded it would trigger. Basically sending power to a device and grounds on the other side. Also it should not be constant through the switch.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, It is a grounding trigger. When it gets grounded it would trigger. Basically sending power to a device and grounds on the other side. Also it should not be constant through the switch.
Update** I managed to get everything wired up . Lock works fine . Unlock works only once I manually flip the unlock button that Reveals red on the door by the handle .

So once I open the lock manually. I click unlock on the remote it unlocks the driver door which is already open. You can hear it move the actuator and if I do it again it unlocks all the other doors in the car. If I lock the car it won't unlock any door at alll. I also notice once the car is locked using my viper remote my unlock switch that would unlock all the doors no longer works. What do you think is wrong . I followed the 1070 dei perfectly

·
3,726 Posts
Sounds like it is using the factory trigger settings. One hit to the button does drivers door. Two hits quick does all the doors. It may be the factory control module.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts