Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Browsing youtube and come across this is300 with a corvette motor. Pretty cool what you think?
I'd rather mod the 2jz but to each his own..

sorry if this has been posted.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Yep its cool... but have you looked around in the other areas of the forum? LSx swaps are fairly plentiful .... several build threads about them.

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
ls1 swap definitely different. but it seems like everyone is trying to do a ls1 swap in any car.
pretty cool nevertheless

·
Registered
152 Posts
ls1 swap definitely different. but it seems like everyone is trying to do a ls1 swap in any car.
pretty cool nevertheless
That's true, for a reason I would say! LS engines are Chevy's gift to the automotive world in my eyes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
are they very affordable crate motors? i really can't see that being the reason. or just a lot of wrecked vette's then.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
The wiring harness is pretty simple. The ECU's are nearly standalone so, it's relatively easy to bolt them into other chassis.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The wiring harness is pretty simple. The ECU's are nearly standalone so, it's relatively easy to bolt them into other chassis.
oh i never knew that. i guess that would make sense. cause i mean its not rare to see an ls1 swap in another car, but totally a head turner when you see it nevertheless.
like that civic coverted vette back in the day. took a crashed corvette and fully converted the civic into a corvette

·
Registered
99 Posts
are they very affordable crate motors? i really can't see that being the reason. or just a lot of wrecked vette's then.
Not cheap as a crate motor but pretty reasonable on the used market. They also don't have to come from a Corvette. That same family of motors came in the Camaro/Trans Am, GTO, G8, Trailblazer SS, and with an iron block in GM trucks.

I pulled my drive line from a 2001 Trans Am. Daily drive the car and love it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts