Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to love rwd!

Raced my very good friends Civic Turbo. Complete B18 with JE pistons,rods, T3/T4 turbine, Haltech E6k etc. Car with pump gas made 290fwhp. Car only weighs 2400lbs.

My car had pump gas (~350rwhp) in that run.

I can say it was unfair for him since he didnt have drag radials of any sort. I didnt either but you cant compare a fwd car with a rwd that has an auto tranny with torque converter.

We later tried from a roll which whould have been MUCH closer but he missed gears, so I called it a night :wink:

Right click "Save As"
http://turbois300.com/home/videos/carizaIS300tvsCivicT.mpg

Thanks to the Host Guru Freelance again for the space. :chill:

·
Registered
612 Posts
cariza said:
Got to love rwd!

Raced my very good friends Civic Turbo. Complete B18 with JE pistons,rods, T3/T4 turbine, Haltech E6k etc. Car with pump gas made 290fwhp. Car only weighs 2400lbs.

I can say it was unfair for him since he didnt have drag radials of any sort. I didnt either but you cant compare a fwd car with a rwd that has an auto tranny with torque converter.

We later tried from a roll which whould have been MUCH closer but he missed gears, so I called it a night :wink:

Right click "Save As"

How much did the tc help? Would you have still taken him without it (from a standstill)? Just wondering if it makes that much of a difference and if it's worth the money.

NICE Video... keep em coming. BTW, looks like Labor Day will work just fine, now gotta get with the wife and figure out the agenda... city or beach :-?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
onyx_is said:
cariza said:
Got to love rwd!

Right click "Save As"

How much did the tc help? Would you have still taken him without it (from a standstill)? Just wondering if it makes that much of a difference and if it's worth the money.

NICE Video... keep em coming. BTW, looks like Labor Day will work just fine, now gotta get with the wife and figure out the agenda... city or beach :-?
I would have taken him out without the torque converter, but only because he wasnt running drag radials. When he puts the DR on I only put 1 car on the launch, then we stay that way till the end, both of us on pump gas boost. Past the 1/4 I start rippin him a new one.

On paper (Power to weight ratio), if his car had the same traction as me, my car would loose on pump gas. The torque converter I would guess shaves at least .4 sec to 60mph, thats a LOT in a street race. If your gonna do mostly highway runs, TC wont help anything.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts