Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have problem with my lcd screens.
I have 2 screens in the back headrest the power and ground are spliced in with the cig lighter, I also have a front screen thats spliced into the stock hu (grey +, brown grnd).
My problem is all 3 screens have a wave effect running from bottom to top, seems to be interference, becomes more noticebly when the picture is dark. How do i get rid of these "waves", maybe try a diff ground location ?
Any help would be great...

·
Registered
774 Posts
One thing is make sure you're using very good Video cables. I had ghosting on mine Navi with TV. I just changed to a HQ video wire and it was gone. If that doesnt work, I'd try changing the ground location.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
How are you splitting the signal to these displays? If you are not using a video switcher or a videa amp to drive 1 signal to the 3 then you will get what you describe.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im just using 2 Y-cables to split the video from my ps2, onto 3 screens. Your right i should get a video amp that has 3 outputs...

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
big D's lex said:
Im just using 2 Y-cables to split the video from my ps2, onto 3 screens. Your right i should get a video amp that has 3 outputs...
You are actually lucky to even get a picture at this point. The video signal is so weak to begin with and you have dropped it at least 9db. Get a video amp like the Savv AC-VA14 which is a 1 in 4 out amp or a nice video selector like the VAC-VS33 which will allow 3 sources in and 3 sources out so each screen could view its own source.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts