Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the mistake of recently buying a sony pcv rx860 comes with a dvd burner and firewire connections and usb 2. What it doesn't come with is a way to connect a vcr. What can I use to transfer home movies from vhs to dvd, would products from Dazzle work?

·
Chocolate Goodness
34,363 Posts
Why was it a mistake? because of the lack of a vcr connection?. What kind of inputs does the unit has? There has to be some kind of cable or adapter to do the job.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a mistake because I should have gone for the next higher model with the video, coxial and svideo inputs. now I'm probably going to have to make some upgrades in order to do the transfers from vhs

·
Registered
631 Posts
1) A computer with inputs matching your VCR outputs and firewire out so it can go out to the DVD recorder.

or

2) A VCR with firewire out, like the JVC SR-VS20U or 30U.

or

3) Upgrade to the next model of the DVD recorder

·
8,803 Posts
I have a VCR hooked to my Mac through a sony media converter (like 200 bucks when i got it 2 years ago...). It has inputs and outputs (rca's and s-video) and a firewire connection. I use it for my old vhs-c camera, my tv/vcr/cable... i use my mac like a tiVo and save stuff I want...

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
the VCR will not help you unless you want to record what you are doing on your pc on to a VHS Tape. if you want to make DVD you need an Mpeg two TV tunner card... Adaptec makes one as well as a few others

here is a link to a site that can give you all the details and even tell you how to do it.

http://www.vcdhelp.com/capture
Good luck, by the way you can use a High8 or Cammcorder to make DVD's the same way. :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
CarbonIS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing