Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I compiled a video of my IS300 with a random clips... On the video, I was running the TE race transmission, but as some of you heard, it took a shit anyways. It was good while it lasted, but around springtime, the transmission will be reworked again so at least it can hold 400 WHP reliably. If not, I may have to live with my gear-based boost for a while...LOL

IS300comp2007web.wmv

Setup on IS300:

Induction/Exhaust
- Garrett GT4088R turbo; 0.95a/r Divided
- Tial 44mm Wastegate
- Modified EBstores Turbo Manifold
- 3.0" Turbo-back Exhaust
- 3.0" Magnaflow Cat
- OEM Supra TT Muffler
- HKS SSQV Blow Off Valve
- Custom 500 HP Intercooler
- Custom Air Accumulator Box (to straighten out airflow for stock MAF)
- VVTi 2JZ-GTE Supra DBW Throttlebody

Engine
- Internally Stock 2JZ-GE
- Stock compression ratio
- 70000 miles on the odo

Fuel System
- Additional 1300cc/min Injectors X 2
- Autometer Fuel Pressure Gauge
- Walbro 255 LPH HP Pump

Ignition
- HKS Twin Power DLI
- MSD Voltage Booster used as Spark Booster
- MKIV Supra TT Individual Coilpacks
- NGK BKR9EIX Plugs Gapped 0.030"

Management/Electronics
- GReddy E-manage Ultimate
- GReddy Boost Sensor
- Dynamotorsports Custom Water/Meth Injection
- Custom Autometer (Subaru STi) Gauge Pod Modified to Fit
- AEM Water Temperature Gauge
- AEM Transmission Temperature Gauge
- AEM UEGO Gauge-type Wideband
- APEXi AVCR Boost Controller
- SplitSecond MAF Voltage Clamp
- Custom Manual Engine Fan Switch
- Custom Self Resetting ECU circuit

Transmission/Drivetrain
- TurboEast Race Transmission
- Amsoil ART Fluid

Handling/Braking
- Tein SS Coilover Suspension
(Front =14.0 kg/mm; Rear = 8.0 kg/mm)
- Powerslot Front and Rear Rotors
- Eibach Anti-Roll Swaybar Kit
- TCSportline Strut Bars
- Hawk HPS Pads
- Yokohama A048 DOT-R Tires
(Front = 225/45-R17; Rear = 225/45-R17)
- 15mm TCSportline Adapter Wheel Spacers

Lighting/Cosmetic
- Type-R Front Lip
- ABS plastic Mesh Paint-matched Front Grill
- Lexus LS430 Projector Retrofit
- Philips D2S Ultinon Capsules
- Zomkspeed LED Tail Lights
- CF Duckbill Trunk Spoiler

Interior/Audio
- Broadway Rearview Mirror
- Full Armrest Conversion
- JL Audio 12W0 Sub with custom spare tire enclosure
- Kenwood Amp with Factory head unit modified RCA connections

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
In seeing that list of mods and talking w/ you outside of posts - I dont think the vids do the car or your efforts justice!!! :)
Also, where are your other car vids..all very impressive, would like to see!

·
Registered
517 Posts
good stuff... i gotta start uploading some of mine!!!

·
Registered
827 Posts
very nice!!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
You're Canadian?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Always like your videos Tony.

You guys should look at the GSR he has. Perfect example of how a good turbo setup works.

Tony - What water/Meth kit do you use? Devil's Own?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the compliments guys :D Some of the vids for my other cars can be found inside Google video as well.

Yup, I am located in Toronto, Canada.. which makes me a Canadian!

I am using a custom water injection kit that I pieced myself, but main components are Coolingmist pump and McMaster-carr hardware. It's a basic kit with a pump, solenoid and a boost/RPM switch for activation.

The E-manage is working great so far... Since I am still using stock primary injectors, it has no problem keeping stock driveability. As long as I stay within the capabilities of the E-manage, it works well with no surprises :)

Reactions: redline814

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Let me know when you wanna drop the E-mangle, i'll hook you up with a real standalone. :)
If Motec comes up with something reasonably priced, I might even be interested ;)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let me know when you wanna drop the E-mangle, i'll hook you up with a real standalone. :)
I wouldn't mind paying for one actually, if such Motec system can co-exist with my E-shift.. I want my E-shift buttons to work on my steering wheel like factory, and also full functioning OBD-II diagnostics. Let me know if you ever decide to make one into reality :bigSmile:

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
great video Tony. I met you for a brief second at one meet at timmys but you probably don't remember me.

I'm probably going to bring my car to your shop for some tuning after I add a little more boost. As you know I had enough problems with Yoshio, and would prefer not to go back. I think I need to drop in a headgasket to safetly run more boost, would you install that as well?

Sorry to threadjack btw.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
thats a huge turbo on stock compression.!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
great video Tony. I met you for a brief second at one meet at timmys but you probably don't remember me.

I'm probably going to bring my car to your shop for some tuning after I add a little more boost. As you know I had enough problems with Yoshio, and would prefer not to go back. I think I need to drop in a headgasket to safetly run more boost, would you install that as well?

Sorry to threadjack btw.
I can't pin point who you were, but I know once I see you I will remember for sure :)

Anynow, yes, I can drop in a headgasket for you along with a tune... I guess you can PM me about your current management system and what kind of tuning you expect out of it too.

Reactions: is300tt

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
sorry to hear about your tranny from TE...what happen to it if you dont mind me asking?? cause i also have a TE built race tranny tehy are suppose to be good for 700whp...thats what jeff said when i sent him my tranny...+rep nice car

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sorry to hear about your tranny from TE...what happen to it if you dont mind me asking?? cause i also have a TE built race tranny tehy are suppose to be good for 700whp...thats what jeff said when i sent him my tranny...+rep nice car
I still haven't taken apart the transmission (I just swapped back to stock for now since it's winter).. From my experiences, it was quite odd on how the transmission let go. I still have 3rd gear, but it wouldn't hold any power anymore except for really light throttle. So 3rd gear sprag is still intact, so I am afraid it would be worn out/burnt clutches.

I have no idea why it went.. I am well aware of these "claims" that most vendors seem to make. I bought the TE race transmission in the first place just because it was convenient and I didn't have to send in a core (I bought their entire race transmission with core). They claim 700 WHP, which I know realistically, would not hold 700WHP maybe except for few passes down the track. I only ran it at around half the capacity at 380 WHP and 310 ft-lbs. I had this transmission installed for around 7 months and approx 16000 miles, and I guess this transmission just sucks and can't take daily driving duty.

I have had the same problems with the Level10 stuff back in the day with my Camry V6 automatic turbo, and daily driving from constant upshift and downshifts eventually wear down the components. I am going to go back to IPT (IPTtrans.com) now because my Camry is still running the IPT transmission, and I had no problems for 3 years now and over 30000miles. I am sending in my IS300's TE built unit to IPT to get it repaired and upgraded around spring time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts