Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is, per the request of Gabe, some video clips he took of his S/Cd IS300.

Car sitting w/ the door open at idle.
Car at Idle.wmv

Driving the car normally- Yeah like gabe drives normal :wink:
Normal Driving.wmv

0-80 then he stomped on it.
0-80.wmv

Highway Driving
hwyDrive.wmv

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
T Man said:
I assume that this is the Toyomoto S/Ced IS?
Your correct, also those clips are w/ the toyomoto headers. He took off the stock headers on wed.

That camera is gabes digital camera that takes SMALL .mpeg's, so the quality isn't the greatest, plus my converter program drops the quality as well and makes the file size 80% less then the orgional.

·
Registered
909 Posts
WiLz: You can hear the blow off while driving however unlike a manual car it doesn't happen at every gear change but rather when you are actually off the gas.

BigDaddy: You can use any blow off you like, I am actually gonna use the Vortech to atmosphere.

Bucman:
The last clip was short because my floppy ran out of space, yes I was on it after cruising at 300rpm for 6 seconds. I'll try to get you a better clip soon.

Also these clips show the car shifting fine in normal driving and full throttle with NO SHIFT KIT or grounding wires.

And thanks Randy for hosting these for me.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Cool man...thnx for the info. Just tuff to get a feel for it with the video. Im sure it doesnt do it justice. It did look like mostly straight forward driving .. no gate shifting. Anyway, im jealous. :p

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
gabe said:
WiLz: You can hear the blow off while driving however unlike a manual car it doesn't happen at every gear change but rather when you are actually off the gas.
oh ok, thats why i didnt notice any sound from it...
so if i installed the kit on a manual, the blow off valve will go off every gear change like in a turbo right?

·
Premium Member
8,851 Posts
just wondering, anybody time the 0-60 on that gauge cluster :-?

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
:D I like. What kind of S/C kit is this?

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
IS300eR said:
just wondering, anybody time the 0-60 on that gauge cluster :-?
If you watch the clip with Windows Media Player, it shows the time. 7 secs to 60, 12 secs to 80..
r those good times for a SC? (PLP people)
what would the times be for a turbo? (Question for you SRT, Toyomoto, PFS and PHR Turbo people)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts