Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok quick vid clip of yesterday when me and some random guy in a 04 model RSX-S did a 20-i tihnk 110ish roll run. i think he started in first but i was in 2nd, on eshift...

before you watch the vid, KEEP IN MIND:

1.) im not claiming win or anything, you tell me what you think
2.) Check my sig for mods, and his mods were(according to him):
"Semi Built Engine": Headers, Racepipe but no exhaust(rear section), AEM CAIntake...dont know what brand for any of those mods...
3.) he is manual, im 01 eshift.
4.) this was in a wide open road, which wasnt 100% straight. the part where i start to pull on him, im on the outside lane of the curve, meaning he's got the advantage cuz he is driving over less ground
5.) i shifted from 2nd to third at shy of 6grand, then redlined 3rd.
6.) i dont know exact shut down speed, but i was at the top of 4th, about 5500RPM's when we started to stop.
7.) [do your ranting about safety if you must] i was driving this thing all one handed, started from 2nd on M, with ECT button on. Right hand is holding camera, and left hand steering..]
8.) he did the countdown from a roll, so he has reaction advantage(you can clearly see it)

well here are some pics before i thought about racing him...he had a lot of stickers and emblems on..and was a real friendly white guy bout early to mid 20's...here is pic and vid:

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

i started to pull on him from about 5 cars back starting in late 3rd, when i hit fourth is when i really started to pull on him, and when i passed him, i was at about 4500-5000RPMs, but we almost ran outta room so we shut down right after i passed him. i really wanted to see the results if it was a straight road...

-Aaron

·
Banned
468 Posts
ths schmuck has a H and and acura badges :lol:

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL o shat i just noticed that...but doesnt that sticker on the bottom right of his bumper stand for like if you attend a certain amount of track events you get one?

·
Banned
468 Posts
no hell no dude..that dumb swan he has is a Spoon logo.
looks like you started to reel him in like the big bass that he his. good job.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Awsome vid!! no kidding about the top end!!! you really pulled on him. +rep for the coold vid.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Just a side note.
an Acura RSX-S with Bolt-ons can run into the 13s.
E-Shifty with every NA bolt on ever can't get into 13s.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Just a side note.
Just a side note.

Its extremely EXTREMELY rare for the '02-'04 RSX-S's to get into 13's with bolt-ons.

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
JayMarino said:
Just a side note.
another side note.. an E-Shift can beat an Acura RSX-S on 1/4 mile track with some mods on both side..
check out the thread, post 2 is the times.. ;)
the link is in a couple of posts down.. can't seem to link it here..
bishes... :p
ps. good job Aaron.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
another side note.. an E-Shift can beat an Acura RSX-S on 1/4 mile track with some mods on both side..
check out the thread, post 2 is the times.. ;)

that is total horse shit...I've seen bone stock type S's run low 14's....no way an E-shift can do that without forced induction...:lol:

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
that is total horse shit...I've seen bone stock type S's run low 14's....no way an E-shift can do that without forced induction...:lol:
been there.. done it.. pre-boost too.. and pre-SRT..

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
been there.. done it.. pre-boost too.. and pre-SRT..

no way in fucking hell an E-shift IS300 can beat an RSX Type S 6 speed in the 1/4....you must be smoking some good crack out there in california to actually make such a statement...maybe u ran into a 17 yr old who couldnt drive....:suspiciou

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
posted the times.. and the slips when that post came out. check out the date.. if i find it.. BUT if you don't believe it, don't.

hell find and RSX-S and have it run an E-shift.. I've done it.. looks like Aaron can do it..
my runs were numerous times as well... couldn't break into the 15.00 but neither could he.. LOL.. he was more pissed off than anyone else..

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
^^ if a type S cant get under 15 sec 1/4 then its a shitty driver...plain and simple...you are looking at an anomaly...not fact....lets get that fockin straight at least..btw, ur link doesnt work, u might want to edit it

·
Banned
468 Posts
link works...he reeled that POS "type S" in like a fucking bass.
A type s is slow..i dont know why you guys seem tho think they are soo damn fast. its a base model Integra for chirst sake. my god
the kid beat the type s in the video. get over it. just casue you schmucks can BARLEY get a boosted IS into the 13's dosnt mean everyone else sucks. I got my NA altezza into mids 13's with just bolt ons. it can be done

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
here's the link to the thread:
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=194182

thats funny Marc cuz you actually posted on my thread.. LOL.
from 2003....fuck that shit man...cmon...I never said anything about the RSX either...I guarentee that shit was an Automatic and not a type S to run a 15.2.....

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Tarik said:
link works...he reeled that POS "type S" in like a fucking bass.
A type s is slow..i dont know why you guys seem tho think they are soo damn fast. its a base model Integra for chirst sake. my god
the kid beat the type s in the video. get over it. just casue you schmucks can BARLEY get a boosted IS into the 13's dosnt mean everyone else sucks. I got my NA altezza into mids 13's with just bolt ons. it can be done
you have no fucking clue bro..

my friend has an rsx type S 6 speed and ran low 14's STOCK....and ran 13.8 with HONDATA flashed ECU, header/intake/exhaust...

even an 5 speed manual IS300 with all bolt on's cant even go that fast in the 1/4...

and we're talking about an AUTOMATIC IS300 here...:lol:

whatever....people gotta understand facts and reality, not fantasy and making up shit......of course its a driver's race as always....but that doesnt mean you are faster then said particular car all the time when the facts tell it otherwise!

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
nope.. it was an RSX-S, 6 speed. The guy was braggin' his 200 hp vs my 215 hp.. and wtf Marc, whats up with the questions? This is the street, you don't believe me fock it.. u don't. LIke I wouldn't know if it was an auto or manual? I worked with the guy..

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
nope.. it was an RSX-S, 6 speed. The guy was braggin' his 200 hp vs my 215 hp.. and wtf Marc, whats up with the questions? This is the street, you don't believe me fock it.. u don't. LIke I wouldn't know if it was an auto or manual? I worked with the guy..
like I said, he was a SHIT ass driver then and you got lucky....at least admit that.......shit man

1 - 20 of 112 Posts