Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I recently bought my 2002 is300 back in october 2019. The previous owner had replaced the rear brakes shortly before i bought it but not the front. I love this car and have noticed that since last week, steering the wheel at slow speeds like reversing out my driveway or at a standstill, the brake pedal vibrates as I rotate the steering wheel left and right with the brake pedal pressed in.

The known problems I have is a dirty/faulty rear left abs sensor, a minor leak/sweating in the front cv axles but nothing serious, rusty wheel bearings, and the power steering fluid could use a top up. It is also worth noting that I’m often throwing this car sideways and having fun in the nearby parking lot. Current mileage is 168000km.

The vibrations are not apparent at higher speeds and currently in the cold mornings (Ontario, Canada) the steering wheel squeaks a little before it warms up.

Would appreciate any input from y’all who have had the same or similar issues as I want to keep this car in good shape.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
If you are moving and using the brakes when it vibrates. It is warped rotor. Put new rotors and pads on with properly lubed pins.
Other this if it does it when sitting still. Power steering pump is weak and may need replacing. You could try flushing it and putting new fluid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts