Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here though Ive been reading for a long time.

This is a lil weird to me , but i don't know if anyone else has had this happened to them with their cars. I park the car take the key out and hit the lock doors button on the key pad, this is happened 3-5 times now but usually if I go to a store and come back out my car is on ?? I can not open it electronically and must manually open the door with the key, if i step on the brake the car shuts off. Sounds like it has an automatic starter but trust me it does not ! I have no idea what to make of it ...any help would be great

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

By on i mean running...key is out of the ignition. The car has 1 owner before me no MODS at all and records of all maintenance. I have no idea wtf is going it doesn't happen a lot but I purchased the car at the end of December and its happen about 3-5 times so far

·
Registered
9,361 Posts
It has a piggyback remote starter, utilizing the stock remote.

You may also have a sticky button on the remote, causing it to start.

Try playing with the remote, and you'll see that it'll start.

And open up the d/s kickpanel, I can promise you you'll find a starter module there...

·
Registered
935 Posts
How can the car start with the key transponder so far away from the car?

·
Registered
1 Posts
All kind of Question for Newbie,

Hi, I am ray,

I would like to learn from you
1)which model of IS250 is rear wheel and AWD?
2)In terms of power transmission of rear wheel/AWD, of course it would be faster for AWD, for 2500cc, how fast is AWD and RWD?
3)Local has approved twin exhaust or quad exhaust?
4)Any supercharged/piggyback recommended?Who is doing it?pls pm me, i need to find out more.
5)what are the common problem of IS250 year 2006~7 model?
6)Where can i get all bodykits and spoiler in Singapore.
the photos are attached

Sorry for long question, Thanks for helping me

Attachments

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
And you should start a new thread, people with 2006 2007 IS's wont find your question in a thread for a 2002.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! 02 is and my car does the same thing except i'll hear the horn honking and the car will be running... I found that if i hit the lock button twice the car will do that... Nothing has ever been done to this car except maintaince!

·
Registered
98 Posts
wth?... that shit seems freaky to me.. i have a 02.. before i had my alarm pager installed.. i always hit the lock key like 5 times to enusre the car is locked.. it doesnt auto start on my IS

VERY weird.. must have a remote start module hiding somewhere

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.