Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK this probably will seem really stupid .i have been reading for a while now about everyone with there stock HU problems and just my luck i got the same crap the Error 3 code flashing now i no i gotta change my head unit and i dont wanna get no avic d3 as i will go bankrupt if i do.. so im gonna go with a decent Alpine regular cd player but i wanna use the factory amp. now could i use this metra kit everyone is talking about or is that only for the stuff with navi and all that like the D3. iv been told i could just run wires right to the speakers because the new headunit will work just as well/take place of the factory amp.. ive searched this a 1000 times but just get more confused..if someone can guid me that would be good . . . .

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Which HU doesn't matter. Use Metra if you're keeping stock 6x9 speakers and stock amp. Don't use Metra if you're running speaker wires from new HU to front stock speakers and NEW rear 6x9's (can't use stock rear speakers with new HU without Metra).

Reactions: jahnIS300

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
Which HU doesn't matter. Use Metra if you're keeping stock 6x9 speakers and stock amp. Don't use Metra if you're running speaker wires from new HU to front stock speakers and NEW rear 6x9's (can't use rear speakers with new HU).
Johnny is right on.

Also, if you are looking for a good headunit for cheap, check out the CD4000 by Eclipse at sonicelectronix.com
I doubt you could get a better headunit cheaper than $139. It's a solid headunit and is on sale at the moment.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Also, if your IS is 2001 and you decide to go with the Metra harness you need to perform an extra step to get it to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts