Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK this probably will seem really stupid .i have been reading for a while now about everyone with there stock HU problems and just my luck i got the same crap the Error 3 code flashing now i no i gotta change my head unit and i dont wanna get no avic d3 as i will go bankrupt if i do.. so im gonna go with a decent Alpine regular cd player but i wanna use the factory amp. now could i use this metra kit everyone is talking about or is that only for the stuff with navi and all that like the D3. iv been told i could just run wires right to the speakers because the new headunit will work just as well/take place of the factory amp.. ive searched this a 1000 times but just get more confused..if someone can guid me that would be good . . . .

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
OK this probably will seem really stupid .i have been reading for a while now about everyone with there stock HU problems and just my luck i got the same crap the Error 3 code flashing now i no i gotta change my head unit and i dont wanna get no avic d3 as i will go bankrupt if i do.. so im gonna go with a decent Alpine regular cd player but i wanna use the factory amp. now could i use this metra kit everyone is talking about or is that only for the stuff with navi and all that like the D3. iv been told i could just run wires right to the speakers because the new headunit will work just as well/take place of the factory amp.. ive searched this a 1000 times but just get more confused..if someone can guid me that would be good . . . .
Bud, post it here: http://my.is/forums/f103/ This is the right forum, read some of the stickies there or do a search. :cool:

·
Registered
254 Posts
1. you can use the metra kit with any type of headunit or nav

2. with any factory amplified system you must bypass the amp or just run speaker wire from the headunit directly to the speakers. i chose the latter because bypasses can get pricy for our cars

hope i helped

1 - 3 of 3 Posts