Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the next few days, i will have to decide who i want to send my VB to for an upgrade. there are 3 things that i would like your opinion on and they are:

1. what is the difference btw SRT, TBKO, Toyomoto and PFS VB upgrade? i know they are all different in terms of price (toyo being the cheapest one?), but in terms of the actual "upgrading", what are the differences? anyone that is better than the other? (i know there has been previous discussions on this but i dont think we ever came to a conclusion.) i know its hard to determine this because everyone has different setups...

2. is the VB removal / reinstall a doable DIY project and has anyone done this? I have done all of the work myself and would like to keep it this way. if not, i will just pay the shop to do it.

3. please state your VB upgrade with your whp # and how you like it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
2. is the VB removal / reinstall a doable DIY project and has anyone done this? I have done all of the work myself and would like to keep it this way. if not, i will just pay the shop to do it.
it would be great if somebody can post a pics on how to deinstall/install our stock/upgrade vb. i'm thinking of doing the work myself than bringin my car to a car shop.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I too would be very interested in more input on this. TE does the VB upgrade as well...right?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So srt is $395 and i dont think shipping is included ($295 offer is not available to me)

TE is $495 this includes shipping.

PFS is $495 dont know about shipping

Toyomoto requires the tranny to be there so not an option for me

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I've been in a car with a PFS Valve body and it seemed to hang in between shifts and you had to let off the gas for it to shift. I'm sure something was wrong with it.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lexusaltezza said:
I've been in a car with a PFS Valve body and it seemed to hang in between shifts and you had to let off the gas for it to shift. I'm sure something was wrong with it.
really. i heard they do good tranny work..... or was that PHR. i get confuse all the time.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dakomo said:
it would be great if somebody can post a pics on how to deinstall/install our stock/upgrade vb. i'm thinking of doing the work myself than bringin my car to a car shop.
if i have the time, i might do this myself.

1. drain atf
2. remove 19 bolts and then pan
3. remove oil strainer
4. remove solenoid wirings with oil temp sensors
5. remove 20 bolts on VB
6. go to post office and send vb out
7. reinstall everything is reverse order
8. seal oilpan back (this might be a pita)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts