Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there basically 4 hoses/lines coming out of the canister that need to be connected? Air inlet line hose, Air outlet hose, purge line hose, and Evap line? Is the large wide hose the air outlet?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I have a copy of this but it confuses me, it doesn't look anything like the canister in real life and it's tough to tell where all the hoses go to.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Ya I have a copy of this but it confuses me, it doesn't look anything like the canister in real life and it's tough to tell where all the hoses go to.
Did you pull everything without photos and threw away the old hoses? If you have the hoses connected to the vapor canister, its pretty easy to see where they all go.
I have some photos from when I swapped the canaster, but its so tight, I don't have an overview.

Product Automotive tire Bicycle part Automotive design Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Bumper

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

Motor vehicle Machine Auto part Military vehicle Self-propelled artillery

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice photos thanks for that. I actually haven't even started going in there yet, I just know from taking it to Lexus they said there are hoses that are not connected back there, they were going to charge me a ton so figure I would tackle it myself. Might have a question as I dig in there.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Nice photos thanks for that. I actually haven't even started going in there yet, I just know from taking it to Lexus they said there are hoses that are not connected back there, they were going to charge me a ton so figure I would tackle it myself. Might have a question as I dig in there.
Do yourself a favor and replace all the hoses when you are in there, take photos, then pull and take hoses to autozone and get replacements. I had to replace all mine while I was in there, they dry-rotted.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm thinking I may just get a whole new canister it's only like $380 or so I think on Rock Auto. Not sure yet though. Have had an ongoing issue for yrs where after I pump gas it won't start right away if I don't step on throttle otherwise have to wait several minutes. Thinking canister may be bad.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm thinking I may just get a whole new canister it's only like $380 or so I think on Rock Auto. Not sure yet though. Have had an ongoing issue for yrs where after I pump gas it won't start right away if I don't step on throttle otherwise have to wait several minutes. Thinking canister may be bad.
That canister should only affect EVAP. I ended up picking up a new one for $40 off a parts car and it fixed my P0440 issues I was chasing. The canister assembly comes with two VSVs attached I believe. I think it was a VSV issue I had, but swapping the who assembly was easy and cheap for me.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can get to it through the trunk. Not sure on the weight it's not heavy though prob 3lbs.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Forgive ignorance, but where on the car is this canister? Don't believe I've ever seen it...

About how much does it weigh?

Yea, in the trunk, remove the rear center cover. You do have to unscrew the canister cover from the underside tho

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I went in there the large hose, the end going to the canister, was completely disconnected. In case I have to get back in there, not wanting to jack car up and secure the bolts, you think it might be ok to drill a couple small holes through in the trunk and secure it with a zip tie? Or any other creative ideas?

·
Registered
291 Posts
When I went in there the large hose, the end going to the canister, was completely disconnected. In case I have to get back in there, not wanting to jack car up and secure the bolts, you think it might be ok to drill a couple small holes through in the trunk and secure it with a zip tie? Or any other creative ideas?
They should not be disconnecting, check the hoses well to see if dry rotten. I ended up replacing them all. Just take photos and then dissconnect them and take the to the auto parts store to have them cut new hoses for you. Very inexpensive...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts