Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all Vancouver, B.C. residents:

The IS will be available for test drive at the Richmond Lexus on June 20, 2000!!

They're getting the cars on June 19, 2000. Takes them a day to prepare.......

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey TylerSoon:

If you do go to Richmond Lexus, look for a guy called Edward Sie. He's actually the best rep. I've ever encountered. Super helpful and very pleasant.

He's also got some catalogs directly from Japan on the aftermarket body kits and parts, brochures from numerous countries (for IS200), and even a Video CD on the IS200 performance!! Don't know where he got ALL that from!!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that the one with quarter mile comparisons among the Accord, BMW 325i, Alfa 155, Honda Integra, and so forth??

The one he had also had close circuit races with the skyline, 2 Integras, 2 ISs (one with TRD mods, etc.)

Wonder how those guys drive like that?? It's very amazing!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Dude,

I saw the one you talked about as well. It's a monthly car video(NTSC, VHS) magazine called "Best Motoring" originally from Japan. There is also an export edition (in VCD format) with Chinese and English subtitles. They always like to do different performance tests with street cars.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think that's the one he had.....January, 1999 issue, I believe.

I'd already made an appointment with them for the test drive! Can't wait until then....

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I heard for the 2002 models, but don't know whether the info is accurate though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thats what I heard too, but the Lexus Canada site said the IS 300 will come out for 2001 and its only summer of 2000. So I dont think their information is that accurate. But if anyone could ask a dealer and get a more informed date, then please post it here. Thanks

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I understand you correctly....... The IS300 (selling in a few weeks) is a 2001 model. The 2002 models will be coming out (I assume around Summer) of 2001.

·
Registered
424 Posts
dude, you are absolutely right. 2001 models usually come out from Aug-Oct 2000.

AndyL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts