Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe we don't have a thread about this already in the Canadian forum :jawDrop:

If you are following the Olympics closely you might find this website useful. You can check all the event dates/times and easily see event type and results:

Vancouver Olympic Games Medals Results Sports : Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics

Who watched the mens hockey game last night? Canada 8- Norway 0. LOL.
Wasn't womens hockey something rediculous like. Canada 18- Slovakia 0. Is that even a hockey score?

The good news is that we are 4th in total medals right now!! I hope we get some more.

What events are you guys watching?

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
My support goes out to Ghana's Snow Leopard! Everything else about the Games sux...
I have still yet to see the Croatians!

·
Registered
14,584 Posts
Yay to the athletes, boos to the IOC.

Another criticism is that the Games are funded by host cities and national governments; the IOC incurs none of the cost, yet controls all the rights and profits from the Olympic symbols. The IOC also takes a percentage of all sponsorship and broadcast income.[60] Host cities continue to compete ardently for the right to host the Games, even though there is no certainty that they will earn back their investments.[74]
Olympic Games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Premium Member
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Medal Count

Canada has 6 medals and are in 4th place! The USA has 14 and is 1st :jawDrop:

·
Premium Member
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^^^ Yes they are! LOL

·
Registered
668 Posts
It is more of an inside joke ;)

But they do have some good skiers... Soccer team is not too shabby... Some good tennis players... Some good basketball players...

·
Registered
668 Posts
I heard an awesome quote this morning about Olympics and winning in general:

"You did not win silver - you lost gold"

Priceless, eh?! :p

·
Premium Member
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol. I like that one. It's true. Which athelete aims to win silver or bronze lol. They're all aiming for gold!

That hockey game last night was crazy!!

·
Premium Member
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ouch... that was a brutal loss last night against the USA hockey team ..... :erm:

Let's see how it goes with Russia tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
^^^you are right germany first for qualifying...then russia if we beat the germans...

as for the brodour(I cnt spell his name)...he was good but he played waaay out of his character last night and I feel that he did cost us that game...WhoTF...bats the puck right into the other teams line...lol...

·
Premium Member
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeaa My bad its Germany first, then Russia pending the results..

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
^^^you are right germany first for qualifying...then russia if we beat the germans...

as for the brodour(I cnt spell his name)...he was good but he played waaay out of his character last night and I feel that he did cost us that game...WhoTF...bats the puck right into the other teams line...lol...
That's how he plays, he always plays out of the net - and it being the Olympics and all he technically has no boundaries on the ice. The US knows his style and they played it against him. At first his bat looked cool.... till it ended up with the US:pissed: Was it me or did it seem like Canada wasn't trying till late late into the 3rd when they absolutely assaulted Miller... but he stopped every attempt at Canada scoring.

"The only thing Canada can seem to get into the net is Crosby"

*sighh*

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
"The only thing Canada can seem to get into the net is Crosby"

-lol...but our goalie still cost us the game...lol...

·
Registered
785 Posts
Canada shit the bed, that much is pretty clear, but it might be a blessing in disguise. Here is how I see it...

1. An extra "tune-up" match against a team we should beat easily (if we don't, it simply means this "team" didn't work and wouldn't have won Gold anyway).

2. A chance to go with Luongo between the pipes. With all respect to Brodeur (who is arguably) the greatest goalie of all time, he isn't the best goalie Canada has and he hasn't been sharp of late. It's the Luongo show from here on in.

3. I don't see playing the Russians in the quarters as a bad thing. Even if Canada got an easy draw into the playoff round, they would likely play Russia, Sweden, the Czech Republic or the USA in the semis or finals. To be the best, you have to beat the best and there is NO reason why Canada Canada beat Russia/Sweden/USA back to back to back. If we are (as I believe) the best team in the tournament, all we have to do is put forward our best effort and we should be fine.

4. It's better to lose when it doesn't matter, rather than when it does. "IF" we get another crack at the USA again, my money is on a rather BIG Canadian win. My guess is that the Gold medal game might be played in the quarters. I'd put my money on the winner of Russia vs. Canada to take the gold. Both teams lost when it didn't matter that much, so lets see if it carries either to gold.

5. Every team plays Canada like it is the Gold Medal Game. Hopefully, the Canadian boys now understand that they need to play everyone else like it is the gold medal game.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.