Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With alot of raised redlines, who all is going after upgraded valves or doing a valve kit. If so who did you chose to go with (crower,ferrera,etc)?

Also, I see alot of the different kits list jus 2jz, does this mean it will work with all 2jz heads?

Powerhouse is the only site I saw a kit listed for the IS300.

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
IS3FINALLYmd said:
With alot of raised redlines, who all is going after upgraded valves or doing a valve kit. If so who did you chose to go with (crower,ferrera,etc)?

Also, I see alot of the different kits list jus 2jz, does this mean it will work with all 2jz heads?

Might want to look into the valve kits for 2JZ b/c some correct me if im wrong but the GTE valves are bigger

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
CharlieD06 said:
IS3FINALLYmd said:

Might want to look into the valve kits for 2JZ b/c some correct me if im wrong but the GTE valves are bigger
GTE valves are exactly the same size. In fact, they are the same toyo part #. The difference in airflow is in the cams.

And yes, it would be a good idea to put in new springs/retainers when raising your redline, to prevent valve float.

-Chris

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
doublins said:
CharlieD06 said:
IS3FINALLYmd said:

GTE valves are exactly the same size. In fact, they are the same toyo part #. The difference in airflow is in the cams.

And yes, it would be a good idea to put in new springs/retainers when raising your redline, to prevent valve float.

-Chris
Ahh...thanx for enlightening me :) .

So what did u upgrade to make ur car a Stage 2.5?

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
IS3FINALLYmd said:
yea valve float would really suck balls
Isn't the 2JZ-GE in our IS's and the GTE non-interference design?

Valve floating does suck, but our 2JZ's wouldnt get hit hard unlike interferenced motors.

Do they have rocker arm stoppers for the 2JZ's? Those work like a charm and would help. Havent heard anything about it for 2JZ's at all.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
doublins said:
CharlieD06 said:
IS3FINALLYmd said:

-Chris
2002 GGP IS300 5-speed
4xxRWHP/ 4xxRWTQ - SRT Stage 2.5

H&R/Koni/Eibach
RPS 6 puck/Pressure Plate

18x8 225F 18x9 265R SSR Comps

First w58 swap

I smell something wicked going on doublins "2.5"

·
Registered
405 Posts
Does the IS3 use the same shim over bucket design as the 3sgte and 2jzgte?

If so you might be able to replace the buckets with the mrs shimless buckets. It is over a 30% weight savings on the 3sgte and 2jzgte.
Going lighter on the buckets and retainers also allows you to run a lighter tension valve spring with out the float. Less tension means less friction = less ware & more power.

for info on the bucket swap go here...
http://www.rossmachineracing.com/3sbucket.html

Going larger on the valve size IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS YOU CAN DO TO AN ENGINE. Did I make that clear enough:)
Just make sure the valve to throat ratio is kept to about .86 to keep velocity high.

How big of a cam are you looking to run?

aaron

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
aaronyoung said:
Does the IS3 use the same shim over bucket design as the 3sgte and 2jzgte?

If so you might be able to replace the buckets with the mrs shimless buckets. It is over a 30% weight savings on the 3sgte and 2jzgte.
Going lighter on the buckets and retainers also allows you to run a lighter tension valve spring with out the float. Less tension means less friction = less ware & more power.

for info on the bucket swap go here...
http://www.rossmachineracing.com/3sbucket.html

Going larger on the valve size IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS YOU CAN DO TO AN ENGINE. Did I make that clear enough:)
Just make sure the valve to throat ratio is kept to about .86 to keep velocity high.

How big of a cam are you looking to run?

aaron
Yes, the IS (2jz-ge) uses the same buckets and shims as the 2jz-gte, as well as the same valves.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Hmmm, very interesting....btw, there are serveral IS300s doing 8k rpm redline to get more power band for the big turbos that they are running.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.