Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we ended up going to a local club.
I didn't want to leave my car out on the street so I paid for secure parking. For some dumb fucking reason I had to get into an argument with the valet because he didn't grasp the idea that I will not let anyone else drive my car. Than the manager of the parking lot came out. Same deal. He didn't understand it either.

I had to go my friend from the club (has more pull than most people in there) and they get it sorted out. My friend ends up driving the car in and he keeps the keys.

The whole night I was fucking worried about my car. Once we left a couple hours later - when my friend pulled up my car for me - I had this huge fucking grin on my face.

Anyone else anal about valet service?

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
ever since I let a valet park my car and it came back with the worst smelling clutch, I dont let them drive it unless there is no other way.

just last weekend, I pull up to the valet, give him the cash, and say, Id like to park it myself, and he says, we only have spots int he back. Im like, thats cool, I know where. Then as if that bothered me, he gave me a front spot to make my life easier. Kept an eye on my car all night.

I still valet on dates though...

·
Registered
400 Posts
I once valet my car and the next day I found my exhaust was all F*cked up, he curbed it while backing up. It was pushed back and started to melt my bumper. I eventually got it fixed but now I never valet, ever.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
My Firebird was so nice looking, the kids at the Goldsrike would park it out front so they could look at it. I always smiled and told them to take a ride if they wanted to, but they never did.... ... ... ... I don't think.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I do worry about valet sometimes, but most of the time I pay extra to have it parked up front by giving the guy a $20. I got more worried as I did mods on my car, but I had a plan to get a limiter for the car if I really did some heavy mods to the car.

In the end you can only do soo much to protect your car from the stupidity of others.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Valet park in LA, geez, be careful. Some people have no respect for other's property. I hate valet parking. Nothing has happened to me, but I don't trust valet to handle anything. What do you expect from someone that parks expensive cars, but gets paid min. wage?

·
8,803 Posts
First off, if you are SO anal about your car (mind you its just an IS300, not a gold plated ferrari ) then dont valet it, thats it. Why go into the club and make a fool of yourself getting all freaked out about who drives it? Trust me, i have only let like 4 other people drive mine and I am super crazy about it, but if its either park in a sh*tty area, or let some dude drive it 50 feet.... id choose the valet.

And most valets drive MUCH PHATTER cars all the time than an IS, im sure it was no big deal to the guy.....he probably just though you were being a pus$y.

·
Registered
305 Posts
You know what their job is. Get this car into a space and get back to the front to get the next car in line as fast as possible. Not with the greatest care possible, not shifting gently, not careful of the interior, not watching other car's doors. Valet lots don't have big spaces to give each car a nice cushion. It's pack them in as many as possible.
I never valet. I'd rather walk a block or three and know my car is cool. If you ever sit back and watch them for a couple of minutes and are worried about your car, you probably won't either.

·
Registered
136 Posts
yeah, i was a valet, and before i became one, i was skeptical about valeting my car, now after being one, i will NEVER valet my car again. some valets are just complete rejects and dont give a sh!t about anyones car. the only way i would ever valet my car is if i gave the guy a hige tip to leave it right out front, and still id be worried for my rims hitting the curb

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Yea..the best thing to do is hook up the valet with $5 or $10 soon as u get there and ask to park it yourself. Money talks 8)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I valeted while I was in college and I have to admit that most people who valet aren't people just working their way through school. Quite frankly, when you have a bunch of rude assholes coming up, yelling at you about taking their car when you have the lot packed way over capacity, prudence isn't your first priority. Your best bet is to just pull up with a $10 already out and then magically the "reserved" spots up front will be available. Also, as much as I love my IS300, I drove a lot better cars while valeting.

·
Registered
767 Posts
TahoeSSDVD said:
First off, if you are SO anal about your car (mind you its just an IS300, not a gold plated ferrari ) then dont valet it, thats it. Why go into the club and make a fool of yourself getting all freaked out about who drives it? Trust me, i have only let like 4 other people drive mine and I am super crazy about it, but if its either park in a sh*tty area, or let some dude drive it 50 feet.... id choose the valet.

And most valets drive MUCH PHATTER cars all the time than an IS, im sure it was no big deal to the guy.....he probably just though you were being a pus$y.
I agree with u 100%. Its just an IS.Imagine the guys with the guys rollin with the AMG's. If ur that anal stay home or take the bus.. I used to be anal about my car then i decided WTF.. THe car is there to be used.

·
3,221 Posts
Valets are the best. Especially in Vegas.

You don't have to worry about parking or walking a mile just to get to where you're going. And look at it this way. Your chances of getting a door ding are lower with the valets than with the general public. Parking space are a bit wider and they're only opening the driver side door, so they're aware of the car next to them. Unlike some drunk person who has no clue of how close the car next to you is or some old people. You'd be surprised at how much these guys actually make and how they do respect cars. They've all driven a lot better cars than your IS.

My friends use to laugh at me for valet but then they saw how conveinent it is and now choose to do it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've worked valet parking for the last three years at one of the most prestigious clubs in the country. I manage the valet department, pay for my tuition, and bought my IS 300 with the $30 per hour I make, no joke. Of the 6 guy's that work under me, all are responsible and we don't horse around with other people's Z8's and M5's. Neither will we park a car in VIP unless they drop a 50.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts