Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
For those that do not go to Club Lexus that often, they're throwing a huge Lexus meet event in TBD (likely September 2008). Let's make this a successful event and get a great turnout so that future events like this can take place again. Here's the link to the thread. Sign up and I'll see everyone there.

-Tom (1QWKLEX)

V8's in 08 Shootout - Dallas, TX - Club Lexus Forums

OK Gang. Here is the official thread to start off the V8 Shootout. Remember, this even is open to all Lexus vehicles, and awards will be given out for both V8's and I6's.
Here is a general description which I will copy and paste into the original post of this thread:
V8 Shootout official dates- TBD (likely September 2008).
May 24th, 8:00 am Kick off Breakfast at a place TBD.
10:30 am Pre-mapped Group cruise through Dallas, Course TBD
12:00 pm clean cars at TBD location
1:00-4:00 pm Car show starts at one of the Lexus dealers in town if we can secure this.
3:30 pm Awards to be given, Awards are TBD, but will include Best in Show, 2nd, and 3rd place. Best V8 in Show, 2nd and 3rd.
6:00 pm Dinner and party TBD
TBD, 8:00 am Dyno Shootout, place TBD. Mini Dyno Tunes will be available at the Dyno by Chris Macellero who teaches at EFI.
1:00-5:00 pm Track Shootout at Texas Motorplex Track. Time Slips will be provided.
5:00 pm, Awards for Most powerful Dyno, Most Powerful V8 Dyno, Fastest 1/4 mile, Fastest V8 1/4 mile.
OK, this is just the thread starter. We need to coordinate much to pull this off. We want to look for volunteer leaders to help us put this together, especially CL members in Dallas. We want to look for sponsorship for the meet, setting up a BarBCue, a show of each members' individual cars, Babes to be at the show, find the track for the races, a dyno to pull HP and TQ results of each members' ride, plus prizes, trophies, music, etc...

Can we put this together? Come on. Let's make this happen...

Start listing your suggestions, thoughts, and what else you can volunteer...

Remember, the Slogan is V8 in 08

Ryan

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
this seems interesting! Lets see if i can get car done and ready for this! Ill talk to you when you come down to Import Reactor!

·
Premium Member
11,398 Posts
I'll go on one condition......

There needs to be a most powerful NA I6 category. No prize, just recognition and a trophy.

·
Registered
360 Posts
i plan on making this. texas moterplex is my hometown area. at this time i will be living in lewisville so im all for it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i wish i had a v8!
Repeat, your Lexus DOES NOT have to have a V8. It can be anything as long as it has the "L" badging:) Lets spread the news and make this event a success. Lord knows we need more of these events around here. Who knows, this might turn into a yearly event. Now that would be awesome.

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
I'll be there even without a Lex :lol:

Oh yeah, i've stickied this mofo cuz its gonna be BIG!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll be there even without a Lex :lol:
That's the spirit Joe. We need more peeps like you. Come on guys, I know we can do better than this. I've posted this event on several other local boards that I visit, so we'll see where this leads.

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
Cmon you mofo's Go on over to CL and sign up for the meet. They need 50 people and have 28 right now. It'll be a special one.

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
Bumpage to the top with yah!!!!!

Oh wait I parked dis bi-otch :lol:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As big as Dallas/Ft. Worth and the surrounding area is, we sure look like we live in BFE for the amount of people that are signing up. Most of those people are not in the DFW area. It's just a shame:( You know if they had something like this event set up on the West/East coast area, they'd have about 100+ signed up already.

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
Yeah it's funny how many people complain about there not being enough meets in the DFDub area, but when there is a big being put together no one wants to show or commit. Like Tom said, its really sad.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts