Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so me and miamiIS300 are having a little arguement....he claims/and has shown me pictures of a boosted project IS completed in his buddys shop...instead of the usual V160...its running a g35 6 speed...miamiis300 claims its the new thing...and its the cheapest alternative to the V160 swap costing almost 3K$....i say no way...it cant be done..why would it be done...it only makes sense to fit toyota parts with toyota parts...why go thru all the extra work of fitting just to save a couple$$...well anyways im just asking have you ever heard of this b4 or have seen it in real life...is it really an alternative

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Maybe it's me but if the tranny can hold the power reliably, custom parts aren't too expensive, and installation isn't too difficult then why not.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Your an idiot I never said nor have I shown you pictures your liar. I said it might be possible to stick a 6spd G35 tranny in a Is300 instead of doing the supra tranny. Get your story straight... You stated why should anyone try this since everyone and their mother just use the supra tranny. My thing was why not be different instead of following what everyone else does. hey if it work it's interesting to see if it will hold up and be a cheaper alternative to getting a supra tranny when you can get this one NEW for alot cheaper. This was my only point. I mean I hate to mess with your Holy grail of what you read except from what you actually experienced in life. But i have been in this a while and more interested in trying new things then being just another sheep. Like I said I might not go this route but it does interest me to find out more. I mean so far I seen a G35 tranny hold 600hp.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
interesting idea....good luck getting an adapter plate, amongst other neccesary parts to even get it to work....

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah it's very interesting. I mean that was my whole point of the discussion. but it fell on deaf ears. If it hold and works without a problem why not have a cheaper alternative. Who cares if it don't says toyota on it. I mean who looks at your tranny anyways. Plus haven't people used Ford rear ends on chevys for a long time. If they can do why can't we. CAN'T WE JUST ALL GET ALONG... LOL

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
this title should be V160 tranny swap alternatives. misleading and quick to LOCK.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
MiamiIs300, how about you chill out and quit the petty name calling. Maybe he misunderstood, seriously you just made yourself look pretty hot headed.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Dude we are friends. I'm just busting his balls for trying to make me look stupid

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I dont see how his trying to make you look stupid. All i see is him asking a question if it would work or not.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
im waiting for this thread to go clink.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Fine I'm sorry. Are you happy now. Alls better now. You need a hug now geezzz. Sensitive people here

·
Registered
171 Posts
now lets not take away from the actual discussion anymore

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
How the hell am i being sensitive? Am I suppose to know you two dickwads are friends and joking around?

Courtesy call to tree courtesy call to tree we have a idiot here.

Reactions: CYBERTECK

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
uhhh IBTL??

·
Registered
171 Posts
anyways... I'm rubber your glue lol

Back to the discussion

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
MiamiIs300 said:
anyways... I'm rubber your glue lol

Back to the discussion
Not clever think of something a little funnier then edit your posts again :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts