Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I were going out of town for the weekend in her IS300. Since I would be driving I figured I should take my V1 with me just in case. In my car (96 Maxima SE) I have the V1 hard wired in and I’m using the concealment kit from Valentine Research. In my wife’s IS I just plugged it straight into the cigarette lighter without the concealment kit. As I was driving down the road I had to adjust the driver side mirror, when I pressed the button to move it UP the V1 freaked out, just beeped, flashed and all its lights stayed on. I have unplugged and tried it again and I can recreate it every time…but only moving the left outside mirror UP. Any thoughts on what’s causing this? It’s not a real big deal, but hey, my Maxima does not do this and my wife’s Lexus does?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I was wondering the same thing myself. My Valentine One detector went crazy one day as I was driving and found it necessary to adjust the mirror. Kinda curious as to what causes this.

·
8,880 Posts
The problem is caused by inteferance from motor moving mirrors. If you hardwire V1 using provided kit, the problem goes away. All it really needs is a capacitor parallel to the power. Or just plug in phone charger (CD power adapter, etc.) parallel to V1 (arm-rest outlet would work). I experienced same problem w/ my V1 in a Ford when key-in buzzer would go off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts