Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gathering ideas for a future project..

Other then the obvious, widebody, dubs, tints, slam... What other stylings would you consider to be VIP, or think look fit on a VIP styling car.

Thanks guys!

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
vip styling is not welcome here, since the whole basis of it is being slammed with camber and flush wheels.

Reactions: miss_IS300

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya a system would be a definite must i would agree. and vip styling is whatever you want it to be..

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
vip styling is not welcome here, since the whole basis of it is being slammed with camber and flush wheels.
There's nothing wrong with VIP... but the IS300 is not really a VIP car. VIP Lexus models would be the GS or LS.

There's more to VIP than just slamming the car tho...

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Slammed, crazy offset wheels, camber, stretched tires, aero, airbags, all on a big body sedan... That is bippu/vip.

·
Registered
747 Posts
VIP=BALLER same shit

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
miss.is300's vertex is300 is a nice example of a vip stlyed is300 along with solo and the other vertex is300

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Gathering ideas for a future project..

Other then the obvious, widebody, dubs, tints, slam... What other stylings would you consider to be VIP, or think look fit on a VIP styling car.

Thanks guys!
If you are trying to make a VIP-esque IS300... it would help if your car was black or atleast GGP.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
VIP=BALLER same shit
I think you're thinking of those DUB cars... VIP is a very distinct style, not just anything baller.

If you're really trying to build a vip is300 then you definitely have the wrong car. Anyways, most people tend to stick to a lururious looking color like black, white, silver, or even maroon. You'll of course need a very clean kit, huge wheels with entirely too much lip that require a mean fender roll to fit, slam it to the ground, a very clean sound system; all sorts of interior crap like curtains, dash trays, and restitched upholstery. ie:

·
Registered
890 Posts
lexluger180 - my car is hardly considered to be vip styled. ;)

ya a system would be a definite must i would agree. and vip styling is whatever you want it to be..
Incorrect.

VIP is not simply "baller" accessories nor whatever you want it to be. You need to have the proper vehicle platform to start with to even qualify as vip. Cars such as Celsior, Aristo, Y33, Crown, Cima etc. etc. are perfect examples of vip platforms. The IS is not a vip car. Widebody, wheels, tint and dumped won't make it a vip car. I would think vip-influenced would be more appropriate.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
*sigh*

Get rid of the IS and buy a GS or LS instead. Get it in black. 26" Chrome rims. Make your brakes smaller so all the attention goes to your wheels. Drop your car until it grinds the ground. Put a sound system with an excessive amount of bass. Make sure you and your friends drive around aimlessley so that every one can see your ride...drive off and be happy about your car...and don't wonder about what people are really thinking about your car.

Oh and also, if your GS or LS isn't leased or previously salvaged, the VIP effect doesn't work.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
you NEED curtains!!

·
Registered
827 Posts
^^and a dash table

·
Registered
166 Posts
Literacy lessons.

If anyone really bothered to read the original post the guy is asking what kinds of things are considered to be VIP STYLING ITEMS.

As for the haters saying that ALL VIP MUST BE A LARGE CAR. I have a buddy of mine with a VIP STYLED xB. Its not my personal favorite but he is happy with it and this poster has an idea of where he wants to take HIS car. So stop hatin and if you can help a bro out, do so. Jeez, with these level of hate it feels like a honda board instead of an IS Community.

From the things my bud has done to his xB and the things he has talked about wanting to do, this is what I consider to be VIP STYLE Accessories.

Aero Kit, and not just any lip kit. VIP Style is about clean lines than enhance the stock body lines of the car. Doesnt have to be wide body but for the lip you probably want on the wheels you might want to modify the fenders and be prepared for rubbing during certain occasions.

Coloring, Dark color with chrome accents are very very common. If you have a lighter color my preference is darker accents. I wouldnt try to do a multi color like a green/blue or a candy color (but a pearl white would be acceptable in my book)

Interior, I cannot emphasize the word clean enough on this aspect. You cant have anything on the inside that doesnt serve a purpose. Common things are curtains with little jewels hanging from the end, dark tint, CLEAN interior lighting, both over head and foot well. I would wrap the headliner in suede (and you can search on that its been done and is nice AND clean). Do NOT have extra gauges or anything that could be ricer. Leather or high quality suede interior.

Engine, very minor mods such as a deep toned exhaust and like a chrome Joe-Z style intake with TRD filter. I would disable the DRL's while you are in there AND do the fog mod so you can run fogs without your headlights. If you have entirely too much money or time on your hands I would have certain parts of the engine polished and remove the plastic cover.

To me, VIP styling is supposed to look factory level clean. Its not supposed to scream to Jack "I dunno nothin about cars" Schmidt that its modified. It should stand out but not scream modded. Its a fine line. Good Luck and let us know how your project goes.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
If anyone really bothered to read the original post the guy is asking what kinds of things are considered to be VIP STYLING ITEMS.

As for the haters saying that ALL VIP MUST BE A LARGE CAR. I have a buddy of mine with a VIP STYLED xB. Its not my personal favorite but he is happy with it and this poster has an idea of where he wants to take HIS car. So stop hatin and if you can help a bro out, do so. Jeez, with these level of hate it feels like a honda board instead of an IS Community.

From the things my bud has done to his xB and the things he has talked about wanting to do, this is what I consider to be VIP STYLE Accessories.

Aero Kit, and not just any lip kit. VIP Style is about clean lines than enhance the stock body lines of the car. Doesnt have to be wide body but for the lip you probably want on the wheels you might want to modify the fenders and be prepared for rubbing during certain occasions.

Coloring, Dark color with chrome accents are very very common. If you have a lighter color my preference is darker accents. I wouldnt try to do a multi color like a green/blue or a candy color (but a pearl white would be acceptable in my book)

Interior, I cannot emphasize the word clean enough on this aspect. You cant have anything on the inside that doesnt serve a purpose. Common things are curtains with little jewels hanging from the end, dark tint, CLEAN interior lighting, both over head and foot well. I would wrap the headliner in suede (and you can search on that its been done and is nice AND clean). Do NOT have extra gauges or anything that could be ricer. Leather or high quality suede interior.

Engine, very minor mods such as a deep toned exhaust and like a chrome Joe-Z style intake with TRD filter. I would disable the DRL's while you are in there AND do the fog mod so you can run fogs without your headlights. If you have entirely too much money or time on your hands I would have certain parts of the engine polished and remove the plastic cover.

To me, VIP styling is supposed to look factory level clean. Its not supposed to scream to Jack "I dunno nothin about cars" Schmidt that its modified. It should stand out but not scream modded. Its a fine line. Good Luck and let us know how your project goes.
You are right about people making fun... and you are right about being able to put VIP styling elements on a car that's not a typical VIP platform. However... sometimes it can just look silly... as if the car is a poseur trying to be something it's not. The IS300 is just too compact. I don't think I've ever seen an IS300 that could properly capture the VIP spirit. Have you seen a VIP Honda S2000 before???

I've seen Toyota minivans that could pull of the VIP theme better than the IS300.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well. I am currently about to purchase a nice ggp e-shift. I am currently debating between show car or a vip styling.. or hell, maybe even a little mix of both..

Plans/ideas
Limo Tints all around w/ sunband.. I like it.. I don't care if you do.
Lowered.. Not 2mm off the ground, but enough to get the affect
Some nice rims, probably gold on black.. I don't think u need chrome deep dish dubs to be looking like a VIP, gold is just as much important as chrome (imo).
Vertex Kit, ya ya ya assume i have one already for argument purposes
possibly jdm sun visors..
Nice gold, or Black calipers with clean rotors
I would do chrome door handles, but i think it would look stupid with gold rims, and well thats what Im getting even if its not VIP to my.is. Sorry guys
Black housing headlights/tails..Possibly projector/halo retrofits for the headlights
Some nice enginge dress up, nice clean intake, no engine cover.. VERY clean
and of course a nice exhaust.

That basically sums up the exterior look I am going for, the interior is where I am having some personal conflicts. I will be doing a nice fiberglassed system in the trunk that sounds nice.
In dash screen w/ ps2 in glove box. Everything will be done very nicely so you feel like you are a VIP
Gold accents are most likely going to happen. The list includes, Gold shift knob,ebrake,ebrake boot sticking etc.. I don't really like chrome lol.

Now come decisions, if the car was standing like this right now It would look sporty and classy all at the same time...

Accent lighting (foot area, tach, etc) Hyper White i am thinking?
Now I really want a harness/harness bar/front bucket seats, but that clashed with the whole luxury/vip look So i am torn I think I'm gonna for with the more VIP look and ditch that whole idea all together.
I think curtains are a bit ridiculous since i am not driving around foreign diplomats.

Other then what i have talked about I am looking for ideas.. I plan on having a good mix of performance with the VIP styling which include enginge strut bar, trunk strut bars built within the fiberglasses enclosure (don't worry I have a sick idea i hope).

Hope this doesn't turn out to get flamed/ranted/look like crap when I post it but here it goes

1 - 20 of 36 Posts