Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a little intro:

I've spent the last 20 years working in motorsports, currently taking care of a team of Ferrari 458 Challenge cars. When I'm not working, I'm generally still at the racetrack driving something. The last four years, a few friends and I have fielded a 2JZ swapped 1985 Celica in World Racing League endurance races, competing very successfully against a lot of higher budget cars. So, this year we've decided to step that game up a bit and build a UZ-swapped 2IS.

I'll try keeping a build thread updated with progress, though I'm better at actually working on the car than remembering to post pictures on the internet. In May, I bought a totalled, hail-damaged IS250 (with one of the worst-treated interiors I've ever seen). We immediately gutted the car out, removed all the interior and trim, replaced all the glass with lexan, and cut out the extra weight. A few body panels were replaced, and a PDR guy that we do work with removed some of the other hail dents. Next came the roll cage. With three drivers over 6'4", the main hoop rests about in the middle of the rear door, so the driver's door bar runs through the B-pillar. The roll cage is completed, and the interior got a good coat of Smoke Grey. The outside has been wrapped, and most of the panels fitted up. And the original drivetrain is removed, with the engine compartment cleaned, painted, and waiting for its new motor. That's where we stand today. Follow along for more progress on our facebook page too, at http://facebook.com/silverdragoncelica

1 - 1 of 1 Posts