Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever thought of using the stock kick panel for 2" or 3" midrange speakers for a 3 way system? if you have post some pictures and what speakers did you use..this would be very helpful to all the audiophiles

·
Premium Member
11,198 Posts
I've not tried it with the stock lexus kicks but I don't remember there being much room behind there. You'll need to modify them for sure.

There are a ton of mids out there that are fantastic. Check out the offerings by Tang Band and Peerless. I'm actually a dealer for H-Audio and we have a good midrange (actually can be used without a tweeter) called the Trinity. I encourage you to draw up some plans for modifying the kicks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats the thing...i rather not modify them...i was looking at parts express and they have several small midranges tang band i was actually looking at...and dynaaudio i think has a very slim tweeter like midrange wich i thought may fit there perfectly...but dishing out the 200$ for them doesnt seem like a good idea so i might stick to my original idea of a 2 way systemunless someone posts a pik on here and i might get encouraged to do so..

by the way...would you consider making a box for me? although shipping may be a problem..

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
whats the point by adding more speakers doesnt mean it will sound better. why would you want a 2" mid pointing strait across towards the center. I had a guy come in the other day he had morel tweeters in the A pillar aimed at the glass, morel 6.5 components in the door, mb quart 6x9 kick panels, morel components in the back door, 4 6x9s in the very back built into a box holding 2 15" rockford subs. this thing sounded like ass. but now i have heard systems with components in the stock location and 1 12" sub sound phenomenal

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HAHAHA deez that sounds like a nightmare....but either way i like dishing out ideas to see what options i may have and whats recommended or not, you never know who may come up with an idea that works great

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.