The insurance company pays out to escape liability
And to avoid nuisance

They are bought running and driving
If water has come into the car on the floor
We take the carpets out and do everything necessary,
There is very little on the floor of the car so it is easy
For our technician to go through them
So they never have problems in the future

Its a eshift which is what i want, comes with heated seats, etc. I asked about LSD and stock navi and am awaiting anwser. With this email I now don't know if its a good purchase. I asked for a list of new parts put into the car when it was services and am also awaiting the list.

What should I look for in this car now before purchase, whats a reasonable offer now, would you buy it. I need opinions thanks! (the car looks pristine I would have never known this if he had not disclosed the information to me.) But does this mean the title is salvaged or clean?

·
Registered
96 Posts
if your close to the dealer i would ask if i could take the car to an independent mechanic that knows about lexus or IS. they say "Specializing in buying and selling these type of vehicles" does that mean flood damage or IS300's so just incase take it some where. otherwise my mechanic told me not to buy a flood damaged car cause you never know about the wiring until its too late, it may short the day after you buy it or a few months down the road.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car is local. I don't really know a mechanic who can specializes in luxury cars (lexus, mercedes, etc).. Hes more of a computer mechanic who can do anything but he is def not a highend mechanic.

They specicalize in selling luxury cars.. lexus, mercedes, the new acuras, etc etc. But from the email i belive alot of there cars are flood damage/repos, but I could be wrong

·
Registered
96 Posts
your mechanic should be good if he knows about the electronics of cars cause other then the engine the electronics is a big issue with flood/water damage. just ask him his opinion on flood/water damaged cars

·
Registered
96 Posts
price... i cant say to much but i bought my 2002 IS for $16k repaired in 2004 with 17K miles and a salvaged title. now your car should have a salvaged or flood damaged title thats why the insurance co. sold it to the dealer for probly about $7k-$11k so depending on how much work they did to the car will depend on how much you pay... just my $.02

·
Registered
39 Posts
No ability to run the VIN here, but it is almost a guaranteed salvaged title if it's a flood repair unless they pulled something ultra shady or you live in one of the few states where they don't classify salvaged vehicles at their DMV.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
i dont like the idea of flood cars for the reasons stated above, but as far as price, i got my 2004 5 speed with 73k on it for $17.9 a year ago and prices have gone down a couple thousand since then. too high if you ask me. move on.

·
Registered
346 Posts
lsignor, welcome to this site. Perosnally, how long will you keep this car for? if it's a car you plan to enjoy for 3-5 years, go for it, but do not pay $17,500 for a flood title, try $16,000 or less. If you plan to enjoy it more than those times, i rather buy a non-messed up one because it's going to be your toy for years. Also running VIN numbers is not permitted on this site because if some carfax administrator comes on this site and sees this, this site can close down. People can get sued for running free carfaxes. Personally I would not get it, even with the low miles. You have to remember it's a Toyota, very reliable car, so do not be scared to buy a high mileage is300. Enjoy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts