Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these prices for real? I was looking at cars.com in SoCal to get an idea on how to price my '02 IS, and I can't believe my eyes. The prices range from $21K to $30K. What the hell, our rides are appreciating better that S&P 500 if the these prices are to be believed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
those must b dealer prices and they've prob. been up 4 sale 4 a longgg time..check the kbb and 02's dont go for nywhere close to 30..good luck on the sale though

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought dealears are trying to bring people in with their prices, not scare them away.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Lexus dealers want to maintain the value of their model of car... so they won't price them too low.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
BigEshake said:
you can't price your car based on what the dealer asks

why not look up private party pricing
Yeah... the dealer can always charge more... especially because it provides extra security (even if it's only a state of mind).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess it doesn't matter what cars dealers sell, they still have to play their games. I did look at the private party Blue Book prices, but they were considerably lower than what was selling on the web..., I just didn't want to give the car away. Thanks to all who replied.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I ususally price somewhere between Trade-in and Private Party value (KBB of course) but when I started looking for my IS I noticed that they were consistently selling for Private party or higher!!
Great news if you're selling, but not so much if you're buying... I ended up getting my 01 from a fellow .netter with 49k miles on it and in excellent condition for just over 14k, so you can find deals if you look hard.

It seems like 01's and 02's have been going anywhere from 17,500 to 23,500 respectively.
of course, miles and condition always play a huge role (or at least they should)

Beefy

·
Registered
557 Posts
Truth is is300's are holding their value very well, especially in So Cal. I know a guy who paid 20k for an 01 S4, huge difference in price when new (over 40k) but used, an 01 is300 is around 18k still, and the fact than new is300s are only around 30k shows even more the fact that they hold their value. I have no regrets in my choice of buying an is300. I paid 18k for mine last year. They may even hold their value better than a typical car kinda like a supra for example but not as extreme. You are NOT going to find a good is300 in so cal for 14k, ain't gonna happen, the demand for an is300 is way different than in mid-western states. And stay away of salvage title bullshit!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Any ideas what a 2004 with 19,373 miles in Florida should bring in?

I'm terrified it's gonna be 24k or less. Thats about what trade-in value is at. I realize depreciation is bad on the first two years, but I'm looking to sell regardless. I listed it on .net a while back and had no bites at all.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It seems like 01's and 02's have been going anywhere from 17,500 to 23,500 respectively.
of course, miles and condition always play a huge role (or at least they should)
This is pretty much right on. The 01's ive seen go for high teens and the 02's go for very low 20's. I have been keeping tabs on this as I am planning on either selling or trading in my 01 GGP when my IS350 comes in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Live in Ct. and just sold my 01 for 17,7 with 45k and in very good condition. I took the first serious offer and might have gotten another 5-7 hundred had I given it a couple more days.

·
Registered
39 Posts
2001 Is's go between 15k and 17k depending on mileage, options, and condition, your probably looking at dealer prices

1 - 14 of 14 Posts