Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would there be a way to get a set of headlights painted satin black and also get the turn signals tinted for the JDM look? The reason I ask is because from what I have read the JDM headlights didn't come with the Xenon bulb and it would be a pain to get it retro fitted.

TIA!

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
It's not hard to add HID's to the JDM lights. You can get an HID plug and play kit. You plug one end of the aftermarket ballast into your stock clip and the other into the HID bulb that will come in the kit. I think the JDM lights are 9006 for the low beams. So, all you would need would be a 9006 HID kit, which AAC sells. Get a set of JDM lights, then slam everything in. You'll be better off because you'll get what you want and the JDM lights will have never been opened. Not to say AAC doesn't do a great job (I've owned two sets of lights from them and couldn't be happier) but you can always run into problems. I hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
Right, we could do either. We have a HID kit that works great with the Altezza lights but we can also paint the OE lights to look JDM.

The only thing you would really give up with the JDM lights is autoleveling.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you AAC for chiming in. The real thing I am going for is the Amber colored side marker, can this be added to the USDM lights? JDM lights seem like they would be easier but I want to keep the car as plug and play friendly as possible (no hacking up the harnesses).

{Shakes head} this was supposed to be my DD and the Supra was going to be the modded weekend car....

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
The HID kits are plug and play. You will not in any way have to hack up the harnesses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts