Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way we can hack the stock audio system to read USB instead of a regular MP3 CD? This is pretty awesome on the new BMWs.
I know someone's used an adapter for the iPod to make it behave like a changer, but couldn't the same thing be done to just a USB FlashDrive?
If I'm not wrong, the adapter has a datalink to the HU and so therefore the HU has a data interface we can tap into. if we could wire up a powered USB interface that would be awesome. Well, just a thought.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My crap deck I bought for my current car has a slot for usb, sd card, and aux (ipod, other mp3 players, laptop, etc.) Only thing about it is that it's some cheap brand from Walmart (yes I admitted it) so it works like crap after a while but I thought it was cool that I can play songs straight from my usb flash drive or sd card (card pops right in and doesn't stick out like the flash drive) without having to make a bunch of cd's everytime i want to listen to something new. Well, I love the idea, just need someone else to make a quality product.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Not to mention the interior right out of the 1980s and the horrible reliability outside the warranty period! (plus a way higher pricetag if you want the 300hp one)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts