Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had seen few IS200 with front headlight turn signals always on US style look-alike, is there a way to code them and how? Or additional mods required? So when turning they could flash with out a problem as usual.

Example:
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle Grille Car

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
10,031 Posts
I believe what you're seeing is a dual filament (dual brightness). There is no option for any of these cars anywhere to run all the front turn signals at full brightness. The way to do it would be to swap in a 7443 (or whatever your dual filament bulb equivalent is) and run the wire to the parking light. On my car, I swapped to switch back LEDs and ran the white to a switch for DRL and that was full brightness.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Had seen few IS200 with front headlight turn signals always on US style look-alike, is there a way to code them and how? Or additional mods required? So when turning they could flash with out a problem as usual.

Example:
View attachment 138876
You can do that pretty easily with aftermarket LED bulbs designed for it. I got some switchback bulbs for mine and they are white until the turn signal is activated then it's a regular amber then back to white. They need an additional wire to run to an ingition source, but you have those available underwood in the fuse box there. The lower bulb is difficult to get to, but other than that it was pretty easy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts