Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the stock donut gasket go on the cat's side? Reason I ask is because i'm re-installing my apexi n1 exhaust and the instructions tell me it goes on after the the cat, and the gasket they provided on the cat. Would there be any problems if I don't put the stock gasket on after the cat. It looks like a slinky now.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
wrong forum.

you want this in the go-fast

No one in this forum has a cat.

Either way. Why don't you just follow the instructions.
Put the gasket on and tighten the spring bolts.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I accidentally posted it in the go faster forum. Anyway, I bolted it up the way it pictured but the stock donut gasket won't fit right. It actually screwed my gasket. What I did was put the supplied flat gasket on the cat section, and left the muffler section with out one. What I wanna know is how somebody that has an apexi n1 exhaust bolted it up. I'm assuming the instructions pictured are wrong and the the donut gasket isn't used. Reason I say this is because, the pipe that bolts up to the cat section and maybe on the cat as well, there in a space for the donut gasket to fit. On the other hand, the n1 pipe doesn't so then the flat one is used. Anybody that knows please respond.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
If donut gasket is the cone shaped gasket then u don't use that. u use the flat one supplied by Apex to install inbetween the Rear section and the B pipe. You should use the stock gasket in between the Y pipe(CAT) to the B pipe. Good luck

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 2 gaskets, the one supplied to me and the stock one(ruined). I need someone that actually has the exhaust. Those that do, would understand why the gasket supplied doesn't look right installed on the muffler section and the b pipe. It gets bent and doesn't seem like it would stop any exhaust leaks. Let me try to decribe. On the muffler section, at the end, its almost like a donut. It connects with the end of the b pipe which is flat. When those two ends meet, there will be a gap because it doesn't go all the way in. By the way, how many stock gaskets should you have....2? I only had one which is the circled one, not a cone shape.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
So you have a full Apex-i N-1 catback?If so you don't need the donut flange gasket that came on youyr stock B-pipe use the one that Apex-i gave you,if you can post pics of what your talking about it might help,because the way you are wording the problem is really hard to understand ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts