Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys -

I'm new to the community and loving it. Just picked up an '02 IS 300 - stock w/ rims. I'm interested in which intakes and exhausts would be best.

I want to be noticed (obviously) :p but I also don't want the neighbors hating me too much. I've looked into the HKS Dragger II and it sounds about right for me.

As far as intakes, I'm close to closing a deal on an K&N FIPK. Let me know what all you veterans think!! Thanks for your time guys!

One Love,

Jay

P.S. - The IS community is far friendlier than the '97 Mercury Sable help group!:whine:

·
Registered
601 Posts
the best intake for our cars is the srt intake w/ the racing ecu u sodder... $500, but everyone says its worth it...

I personally like the hks carbon ti exhaust, but hey, to each his own..

ps- i just got a headache also.. damn man! lol

·
13,727 Posts
You sound like you have already made up your mind on what you want. You cannot go wrong with the FIPK and HKS Dragger.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
aight great guys - thanks for the input!!!

Sorry about the headaches...

Keep the stuff comin!!

Jay

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
thats a good setup...Ive got an EvoII but Im thinkin about steppin up to the Dragger II...and your sig is giving me a headache
You'd actually switch to a Dragger from the Evo? Why? Want something quieter? Trade me for my Hiper then.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fixed it...def don't wanna be the village idiot of the IS community - my bad...:erm:

but seriously which would you guys prefer HKS Carbon TI or Dragger II...and why?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Think I'd go for sound over looks...right?

·
Registered
601 Posts
right, but like i said, it's all about what u like with exhausts...
how much are u looking to spend?

the BEST case scenario, would be:
SRT intake
Mazzuri headers
..your favorite exhaust

..youtube "is300, exhaust", and go from there..

..are u trying to get that ricer pos sound, a deep growl, ooor just a nice sound that wont kill u when ur WOT?

PERSONALLY, I like the carbon ti, wasnt like, "OH SHITZ!! HERE COMES THE FUCKING RICER!!!!!" but it was nice both at idle and WOT..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm thinkin ~$400. I think I want kind of a deep growl more than anything else. The Carbon TI sounds good...how loud is it overall?

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
All exhaust are quiet IMO. NOW, when you add header/y-pipe/custom b-pipe, then thats where it gets LOUD. Something that sounds good axel back with good growl, would be the HKS Carbon-Ti/Hiper/APEXi N1/Greddy EVOII and etc etc. HKS Carbon-Ti wins my vote! I had the JIC Full Ti and I loved that exhaust....6lbs in weight and retails for $850 and up! G/L on the desicion!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot guys - so i think it's safe to say that the HKS Carbon Ti is my best bet? However, there aren't any catback Carbon Ti's are there?...And I'm thinkin the deep growl sound I'm lookin for would actually be in a catback. Should I wait and save up some $...what exhaust(s) would be the next step up?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This just in...looking at an APEXi GT catback exhaust...thoughts...?!?!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
would you say the dragger II is more of a deep growl than anything else?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I personally like the sound of the Greddy Evo II.... Not loud at all. Thought I'd be disappointed in it, but turns out it is perfect. Not loud at all, sounds great at WOT too.

·
Registered
694 Posts
for the ultimate combo this is what you need to go with, seriously.

Go to the end of the y-pipe, get some of the flex tubing...reroute the flow of air from the y-pipe back up next to the headers and then cut a hole in the back of the intake box, plugging the new tubing right in there. That way you will always have a smooth air flow throughout the whole intake/exhaust track. Heck, you might even get a little F/I action going on there! Plus you will never have to worry about running rich or lean because you will always be using the same air!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts